Frost just fired himself

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There is always money in the banana stand. Stop using the buyouts and his contract as an excuse to not firing Frost. He is not performing at his job, fire the guy. 

The other thing the Athletic Department needs to evaluate is lost revenue.  They are giving tickets away now.  It’s going to become harder to get sponsors and maintain/attract donors to this loser program.

At the end of the day the poor on field product is costing the Athletic Department revenue.

Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

The other thing the Athletic Department needs to evaluate is lost revenue.  They are giving tickets away now.  It’s going to become harder to get sponsors and maintain/attract donors to this loser program.

At the end of the day the poor on field product is costing the Athletic Department revenue.

Agreed

A coaching search = huge interest 

New hire = huge interest (and huge interest from the media)

New hire + new season = lots of fans being excited. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There is always money in the banana stand. Stop using the buyouts and his contract as an excuse to not firing Frost. He is not performing at his job, fire the guy. 

Im not, just making an observation that this is going to be expensive. And if there is that much money in banana sales I may have to switch occupations. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Trev has said that he will be re-evaluating the season ticket holders who don't pay an annual donation to purchase their tickets. Last week, he said it was in the 25-30% of ticket holders for football. If he's going to be asking for a donation on top of the ticket prices, then he will need to have a good product on the field. That product isn't there with Frost. 

2 minutes ago, KC Sker said:

Im not, just making an observation that this is going to be expensive. And if there is that much money in banana sales I may have to switch occupations. 

Yes, it's going to be expensive. But the athletic department has enough money. It's a cash printing operation. The one thing that could stop that is continued acceptance of poor performance. That's what the signal would be if Frost is retained. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Trev has said that he will be re-evaluating the season ticket holders who don't pay an annual donation to purchase their tickets. Last week, he said it was in the 25-30% of ticket holders for football. If he's going to be asking for a donation on top of the ticket prices, then he will need to have a good product on the field. That product isn't there with Frost. 

If a bean counter can say “We will lose $X million in 2022 if this continues” I think it softens the buy out blow.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Ha!

You know he talked about it with the staff last night.  "Dudes, you might want to get those resumes polished up"

One of my brothers told me that Davison is preparing for a run at State Senate. That probably doesn't pay much, but Davison may be realizing his days for getting paid $100K to he Frost's best friend are probably numbered. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, HuskerTrucker said:

Nebraska Volleyball fans are more loyal and have more Faith in their coaches than the new breed of husker football fans.  

If you think for a moment that any team can dominate the Big Ten like Nebraska and Oklahoma did the Big 8, your on Crack and need a reality check.  

Recruiting is harder, and the competition is tougher. 

Building a system takes time, and with COVID, it will take even longer.  

What in the hell are you talking about?  Ohio State literally does exactly what you claim can’t be done. I guess Jim Tressel, Urban Meyer, and Ryan Day are on crack and need a reality check. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

If a bean counter can say “We will lose $X million in 2022 if this continues” I think it softens the buy out blow.

That's definitely difficult to quantify, and really the bulk of NU's athletic revenue comes from the Big Ten's TV deal. However, there is plenty of planning and analysis which will be done behind the scenes. I still say that the $ is a small aspect of deciding the future of the head coach. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That's definitely difficult to quantify, and really the bulk of NU's athletic revenue comes from the Big Ten's TV deal. However, there is plenty of planning and analysis which will be done behind the scenes. I still say that the $ is a small aspect of deciding the future of the head coach. 

How do you think local businesses feel about a trash football season? You have to imagine the better the team the better the revenue for the city of Lincoln. I would go to 3 or 4 games a year if we were competent. Hell I have been offered tickets for free for that many games this year. Went to the Fordham game because I wanted my son to have his first game be a W. Free tickets don't even get me making the drive because the hotel, food etc. is a poor ROI based on our results. 

• Plus1 2