Frost the Former QB

Does anyone think his in ability to move on from adrian stems from when he was QB here.  Lets put it this way, frost didnt like the way he was treated here but he left.  Then comes back and has to earn his place again.  All the same time working up to a national championship.  He knows what its like to be here, he knows what the pressure is here and he came back anyways.  So on to the point, because he knows how the system, the team, the fans, the state can be with this program do you think that is why he gives adrian such a long leash.  Think about it, anyone would of benched martinez after the 3rd interception.  Think how many times there have been clutch times in the past 4 years and he just doesnt have what it takes to get the job done.  So because frost used to do that job do you think he has that player mentality vs a manager mentality.  If you work hard in a regular job and work yourself up to management but all your other co workers stay behind.  Are you easier on them because you remember what it was like to be in there shoes or do you have the same expectations that any boss would have from there employees.  I know the answer but frost has been on record many times saying he knows what it is like to play here.  Because of that is he willing to throw everything away.

• Plus1 1

I don’t really care why, all I know is a lot more effort should’ve been put into having a viable backup ready to go when needed and it wasn’t. When a coach keeps trotting out Martinez the way he did today, he is basically saying he doesn’t care about winning or doesn’t know how to. Neither option is acceptable. Time to start from scratch.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, OreGUNHusker said:

I agree it’s something mental about him and Nebraska… he coached loose and fun as a coordinated/ Assistant at Oregon.I saw it live here. He was loose and fun at UCF.. he is anything but that here.. 

He was loose and fun till he started losing. 

Think about it, this really is the first time he’s experiencing serious failure. That can have a major affect on someone. 

• Plus1 1

i personally think one of the worst things was done on the day that he was introduced as the new head coach.

to have that many former players back and tell him that he was the savior. To me, and I could be totally wrong, did nothing but set him up for failure. his ego did not need that much of a boost.

it did not help that he made the Big 10 has to adjust comment. but everything about that day just set everything up for failure.

and then when the criticism started it became bunker mentality from there.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, JoseyWales said:

i personally think one of the worst things was done on the day that he was introduced as the new head coach.

to have that many former players back and tell him that he was the savior. To me, and I could be totally wrong, did nothing but set him up for failure. his ego did not need that much of a boost.

it did not help that he made the Big 10 has to adjust comment. but everything about that day just set everything up for failure.

and then when the criticism started it became bunker mentality from there.

I too have been thinking back to those moments and cringing. 

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

He never made that comment. What he actually said has been twisted and warped by everyone who wants to make a clever quip about us sucking.

i was not making a clever quip about us sucking. just using his words. i did say adjust and he said modify, so you can quibble about that.

the question is asked at 17:45

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

He was loose and fun till he started losing. 

Think about it, this really is the first time he’s experiencing serious failure. That can have a major affect on someone. 

I think another factor is he finally got his dream job. Reaching your goal can have unintended effects mentally.

• Fire 1