Huskers v Ohio State: Big Noon Kickoff

I have zero interest in watching this game and that hurts me as a fan.  I have been so incredibly busy anyway but I have not cared a lot about Husker football since the Illinois game. I usually attend nearly all home games but this year we only made it to Michigan and I doubt we’ll make it to any others. I had no interest in watching today’s game, I don’t even check the score until the third quarter. I tuned in for about 10 minutes and turned it right back off.  I am die hard GBR but the apathy is very real for me this season but particularly the last couple weeks.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Farms said:

I have zero interest in watching this game and that hurts me as a fan.  I have been so incredibly busy anyway but I have not cared a lot about Husker football since the Illinois game. I usually attend nearly all home games but this year we only made it to Michigan and I doubt we’ll make it to any others. I had no interest in watching today’s game, I don’t even check the score until the third quarter. I tuned in for about 10 minutes and turned it right back off.  I am die hard GBR but the apathy is very real for me this season but particularly the last couple weeks.

I am a first year Wake Forest season ticket holder and have been making arrangements all year long to watch/listen to NU while there. They played at the same time today and I didn’t even bother watching a snap of the NU game or checking on it. Brother texted me after the 3rd Adrian pick with an update and I just laughed. Not worth anyones time or emotion at this point to be honest.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, seaofred92 said:

I am a first year Wake Forest season ticket holder and have been making arrangements all year long to watch/listen to NU while there. They played at the same time today and I didn’t even bother watching a snap of the NU game or checking on it. Brother texted me after the 3rd Adrian pick with an update and I just laughed. Not worth anyones time or emotion at this point to be honest.

I’ll admit I get way too emotionally invested in this team but I’ve grown tired of letting it ruin my day every Saturday. Ive tried really hard this year to just enjoy the game itself and not focus so hard on the results.  I chose to build electric fence for cows over going to/watching the game today and didn't struggle with that decision in the slightest so yea I’m pretty well over it right now. 

Apathy is real. Indeed. But I continue to be amazed by our fan base. They fill up the stadium and cheer any positive play. At some point, I am going to turn up to the stadium and find it half empty…at least that’s what I keep thinking. We keep losing but the fans aren’t giving up. Any fan who needs to take a break because the games are really hard to watch shouldn’t be hard on themselves for it. Fans have been patient for over two decades now. The athletic department needs to fix it. Either help Scott fix it or find another coach who can fix it. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, tmfr15 said:

Apathy is real. Indeed. But I continue to be amazed by our fan base. They fill up the stadium and cheer any positive play. At some point, I am going to turn up to the stadium and find it half empty…at least that’s what I keep thinking. We keep losing but the fans aren’t giving up. Any fan who needs to take a break because the games are really hard to watch shouldn’t be hard on themselves for it. Fans have been patient for over two decades now. The athletic department needs to fix it. Either help Scott fix it or find another coach who can fix it. 

In the midst of building a 150 million dollar athletic facility and continually giving us the same old rotten product it’s a pretty ballsy move by the athletic department to shove in the fans faces. Given that us fans are the ones who have kept this program relevant for the past 20 years.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

I am 30 minutes from Ames, Iowa and have contemplated for the last 2 years starting to go to their games. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1