Huskers v Ohio State: Big Noon Kickoff

10 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am 30 minutes from Ames, Iowa and have contemplated for the last 2 years starting to go to their games. 

Definitely do it if you havent. Or even grab FCS tickets like UNI or Drake. The games are a blast to go to and you can always watch NU at the tailgate (I listened to NU/OU on the radio at Wake Forest for the FSU game and played it over my speaker). But it’s fun to get out and about on Saturdays and frankly nothing this program has done in the last four years is worth sacrificing other events or planning around

2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Definitely do it if you havent. Or even grab FCS tickets like UNI or Drake. The games are a blast to go to and you can always watch NU at the tailgate (I listened to NU/OU on the radio at Wake Forest for the FSU game and played it over my speaker). But it’s fun to get out and about on Saturdays and frankly nothing this program has done in the last four years is worth sacrificing other events or planning around

I'd rather make more trips to Lincoln if we were worth the drive. What people don't realize or talk about is how Nebraska continuing to totally blow is detrimental to the Lincoln economy as a whole. Why on earth would someone traveling from out of town spend the kind of money on hotels etc to watch the current product? 

10 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

I am a first year Wake Forest season ticket holder and have been making arrangements all year long to watch/listen to NU while there. They played at the same time today and I didn’t even bother watching a snap of the NU game or checking on it. Brother texted me after the 3rd Adrian pick with an update and I just laughed. Not worth anyones time or emotion at this point to be honest.

That's awesome!

Wake is having a great season.  With Clemson being down this year, you notice the league more as a whole, and it's fun to see the other teams playing good football, and I like that. 

I like the ACC a lot and it's a fun conference.  I've been following them the last few seasons a lot more.  Lots of great games, and totally different then the boring big ten style.

Wake, Pitt, NCState, Virginia, Syracuse, UNC, Clemson, Louisville, FSU, Miami, Va Ttech, etc..

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

Agreed.  I've been going to TCU games, SMU games, Baylor games, and even North Texas games for years.  Love the Huskers, but there is other stuff to enjoy too

• Plus1 1

Our defense can hang with tOSU, but if the offense doesn't put together drives (which I don't expect them to) it's going to be a rough last half...

The one caveat on defense is that guys in the secondary like CTB, Farmer, Dismuke, etc. have to play within the scheme and not go looking to make big plays.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, ZRod said:

Our defense can hang with tOSU, but if the offense doesn't put together drives (which I don't expect them to) it's going to be a rough last half...

The one caveat on defense is that guys in the secondary like CTB, Farmer, Dismuke, etc. have to play within the scheme and not go looking to make big plays.

We are going to get torched. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We are going to get torched. 

This.  OSU is humming on offense now.  Not only will they have to account for 3 NFL WRs running open in the secondary for what will feel like an eternity due to no pressure on Stroud, but Henderson is running like a beast now.  The Olave vs Reimers/Heinrich from the slot across the middle all day has already topped 75 yards receiving

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

This.  OSU is humming on offense now.  Not only will they have to account for 3 NFL WRs running open in the secondary for what will feel like an eternity due to no pressure on Stroud, but Henderson is running like a beast now.  The Olave vs Reimers/Heinrich from the slot across the middle all day has already topped 75 yards receiving

I will not be surprised to see a 42-7/10 kind of game. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

not when they are at 11am. The stadium will be dead. I am guessing we will have buy 1 get a row for free for this game from the athletic department. 

Every 11am game was either convincingly a Husker win or one score loss to a top 5 team... But every loss has been one score...

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, admo said:

That's awesome!

Wake is having a great season.  With Clemson being down this year, you notice the league more as a whole, and it's fun to see the other teams playing good football, and I like that. 

I like the ACC a lot and it's a fun conference.  I've been following them the last few seasons a lot more.  Lots of great games, and totally different then the boring big ten style.

Wake, Pitt, NCState, Virginia, Syracuse, UNC, Clemson, Louisville, FSU, Miami, Va Ttech, etc..

Thanks! It’s been a blast- they have a fun system a good QB, good RBs, and GREAT WRs. It’s a beautiful campus and I’ve gotten to see some fun teams (FSU, Duke, Louisville). Plus NC State coming up on 11/13 and road games at UNC and Clemson. Fun league to follow with tons of parity.

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

do you wear other teams colors? I dont know if I can do that, never have in my life. lol 

Yeah man. Grab yourself a vintage cyclones tee for $15 on the internet and go tailgate. 

2 hours ago, admo said:

Agreed.  I've been going to TCU games, SMU games, Baylor games, and even North Texas games for years.  Love the Huskers, but there is other stuff to enjoy too

SMU has the most beautiful campus I’ve ever been on. Sonny has them rolling- and their tailgating is elite. Brutal loss last night but can’t wait for them v Cincinnati later this year.