2021 Coaching Carousel

I know there are already some programs that will be looking for a new coach for next season, including LSU and USC.  Today TCU also announced they are parting ways with Gary Patterson.  It feels like this could be a busier than usual season of coaching changes, and with the potential for Nebraska to be in the mix, I thought it would be helpful to capture what moves are happening in the college football world.

If this thread belongs in a different section please feel free to move it.

P5 Programs looking for a new coach as of October 31

• USC
  • LSU
  • TCU
  • Texas Tech
  • Washington State

Here is a good site that is tracking all the moves as well:

https://theathletic.com/2201022/2021/10/31/college-football-coaching-changes/

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I know there are already some programs that will be looking for a new coach for next season, including LSU and USC.  Today TCU also announced they are parting ways with Gary Patterson.  It feels like this could be a busier than usual season of coaching changes, and with the potential for Nebraska to be in the mix, I thought it would be helpful to capture what moves are happening in the college football world.

If this thread belongs in a different section please feel free to move it.

P5 Programs looking for a new coach as of October 31

• USC
  • LSU
  • TCU

Thanks for starting this thread

Forgot Texas Tech.  Its just beginning.  I expect at least 10 more jobs come open besides the ones that come open because there guy took and open job.  I am figuring on Penn St being open and maybe Michigan St if Tucker goes to LSU.  That would put us in third best opening in our own conference.  Its just easier to recruit to Michigan St and Penn St than to Nebraska.  National recruiters have been telling us this, we just haven't been listening!

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Forgot Texas Tech.  Its just beginning.  I expect at least 10 more jobs come open besides the ones that come open because there guy took and open job.  I am figuring on Penn St being open and maybe Michigan St if Tucker goes to LSU.  That would put us in third best opening in our own conference.  Its just easier to recruit to Michigan St and Penn St than to Nebraska.  National recruiters have been telling us this, we just haven't been listening!

Thanks.  I added Texas Tech and Washington State

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here are the current odds on who will be the next LSU coach.  Lots of good names on this list.

https://www.on3.com/college/lsu-tigers/news/lsu-tigers-coaching-search-updated-odds-on-next-head-coach-ed-orgeron-james-franklin-lane-kiffin-mel-tucker/

Haha, it’s like they raided the HuskerHoard threads! Myself and others brought up many of these same names. But naysayers kept saying nope these coaches would never come. Why would they go to a much harder path and shorter leash at LSU!? Agree they have easier recruiting but they kicked 2 national championship coaches to the curb! Frankilin and Tucker are already in the BIG but other names that can coach in the BIG should be considered.

Rumor is Florida will be getting rid of Mullen.

I’d imagine Florida state moves on from Norvell. Wouldn’t that be something? Just like in 2018, Nebraska, FSU and Florida all head coaching searching again. It wasn’t that long ago I remember going to UF boards and reading Gator fans excited they got Mullen and escaped the Frost hire.

Miami could also become open. USC, LSU, Florida, Florida State, Miami, those are some big time schools to be battling for head coaches for. But at the same time, majority of those schools we were battling with in 2018 for a head coach and we got the most wanted head coach at the time.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Rumor is Florida will be getting rid of Mullen.

I’d imagine Florida state moves on from Norvell. Wouldn’t that be something? Just like in 2018, Nebraska, FSU and Florida all head coaching searching again. It wasn’t that long ago I remember going to UF boards and reading Gator fans excited they got Mullen and escaped the Frost hire.

Miami could also become open. USC, LSU, Florida, Florida State, Miami, those are some big time schools to be battling for head coaches for. But at the same time, majority of those schools we were battling with in 2018 for a head coach and we got the most wanted head coach at the time.

I could be mistaken but I believe Mullen and Frost are the only remaining coaches from 2018 remaining in the P5. If true, weird how earlier in the year they were dissing on Frost.