2021 Coaching Carousel

Wow, crazy that coaches are getting jettisoned after like 1 bad year and they no longer even wait until the end of the season!  Is Sark next?

The argument that Nebraska is changing our coach too quickly or early now looks silly and is a losing argument.  I am on board on our move to retain Frost. I truly hope he succeeds.  But we could have gone a different direction, each program needs to do what is right for them. Now it is our job to go out and get the best position coaches possible. And yes that means reaching out to the Herman’s and Mullen’s.  If these guys say no and are waiting for another head coaching gig, so be it. But sometimes people get the top job and maybe don’t want it again. They may want to get paid for what they truly are good at and enjoy, coaching QB’s or putting together an offense. Will be interesting to see!

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Wow, crazy that coaches are getting jettisoned after like 1 bad year and they no longer even wait until the end of the season!  Is Sark next?

The argument that Nebraska is changing our coach too quickly or early now looks silly and is a losing argument.  I am on board on our move to retain Frost. I truly hope he succeeds.  But we could have gone a different direction, each program needs to do what is right for them. Now it is our job to go out and get the best position coaches possible. And yes that means reaching out to the Herman’s and Mullen’s.  If these guys say no and are waiting for another head coaching gig, so be it. But sometimes people get the top job and maybe don’t want it again. They may want to get paid for what they truly are good at and enjoy, coaching QB’s or putting together an offense. Will be interesting to see!

Who would we rather have at OC?

Sark or Mullen?

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It’s a step backwards, and no coach wants to do that. If you want a former HC for OC you’d have to get someone like RichRod. Solid OC but not a good HC.

It's also a one year gig.

Play your cards right and you are the next head coach of Nebraska.

1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

I get why some people wanted Frost fired and I wouldn’t have argued otherwise if he was. 

But, this is just stupidity with coaches like Mullen. So, if frost had the same record as him at Nebraska, should Nebraska fire him after a down year?  

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

How would the OC under a failed coaching regime be considered for the head coach if Frost is fired? That doesn't make any sense. 

Ask Bo Pelini in 2003.

Chances are the offense actually improves next year (especially if AM returns) and the defense regresses a bit.

Next year is going to be a s#!t show.  Everything will be up for grabs.

edit: never mind.  ADs mustn’t listen to fans…

• Plus1 1