2021 Coaching Carousel

Franklin and Fickell staying put seems smart moves for them. Franklin and PSU work. I don’t think Franklin would win huge at USC, UF, or LSU and thus he’d be out in a few years.  Fickell seems regional to me and Cincy works.  I am interested to see Campbell, his stock is coming off its highs and ISU and Big 12 are less relevant in future. But I don’t see an obvious place for him to land so he probably waits for next year.

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Franklin and Fickell staying put seems smart moves for them. Franklin and PSU work. I don’t think Franklin would win huge at USC, UF, or LSU and thus he’d be out in a few years.  Fickell seems regional to me and Cincy works.  I am interested to see Campbell, his stock is coming off its highs and ISU and Big 12 are less relevant in future. But I don’t see an obvious place for him to land so he probably waits for next year.

If Trev's experiment fails, I wonder who will be a prime target for us next year.  I'm almost resigned to the fact that we will be discussing this next year at this time or sooner. 

I hope for the best - that the new OC and associate coaches make a big difference, but we are losing some key parts of our D and I suspect more on O via the portal. 

Easier schedule but a lot of questions on who will be s up next year. 

• Plus1 1
On 11/21/2021 at 9:18 PM, Toe said:

Saban seems sorta zen about it. He's like "If I'm hiring the best coaches available, then it shouldn't be surprising that they get HC offers." He also seems to like guys who can bring something new to the table and keep them evolving.

BbgL7x3.gif

:laughpoundSaban getting it rolling yesterday bringing some fire to that table!

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Decked said:

A self imposed death penalty for this program next year. Good luck to the future assistants. You’re gonna need it. 

With todays loss, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the D staff put out feelers to get the hell out.  I expect our recruit class to get even worse and the transfer portal to dry up with guys coming to NU.  It all comes down to Frost.  Guys were fired (and should have been prior to last season) and the same stupid crap.

29 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

I am still not so sure that Frost survives this. Judging by the money that LSU and MSU are throwing out, it would not surprise me if Frost if fired and a Bill O'Brien is hired. 

I’d still look at Mullen and Herman. I don’t think either are on the radar for the other open jobs? They come from pressure cooker jobs that you could argue are more pressure than ours. If they take us bowling that is successful and they build huge momentum from there.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I’d still look at Mullen and Herman. I don’t think either are on the radar for the other open jobs? They come from pressure cooker jobs that you could argue are more pressure than ours. If they take us bowling that is successful and they build huge momentum from there.

Is this at all possible? I can’t see TA the type to change course after announcing a decision. 

1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

If I am TA, I call Frost in.  Say I am hiring Herman as OC. You will be the face of the program. Go to the pressers, but have no input in the direction or game plan moving forward.  I should have fired you, but let emotions get in the way.  If you don't like it, resign.  Forfeit the buy out money.  But I am hiring a guy who has proven he can win at this level and develop players.  That debacle today and last week was ridiculous.  no other program would keep you.  And TBH no one would hire you.  So you save face, I save money and we get to winning again.  Or quit.

As for pressure, you go 6-6 and you DOUBLED Frost's wins this year.  at 6-6...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, lo country said:

If I am TA, I call Frost in.  Say I am hiring Herman as OC. You will be the face of the program. Go to the pressers, but have no input in the direction or game plan moving forward.  I should have fired you, but let emotions get in the way.  If you don't like it, resign.  Forfeit the buy out money.  But I am hiring a guy who has proven he can win at this level and develop players.  That debacle today and last week was ridiculous.  no other program would keep you.  And TBH no one would hire you.  So you save face, I save money and we get to winning again.  Or quit.

As for pressure, you go 6-6 and you DOUBLED Frost's wins this year.  at 6-6...

While I don’t think it would go down like that (haha) I do think the intent is correct. I’d offer Herman as OC and let him have a go at it. Frost has to be convinced that going forward his best move is to get help from others and Herman fits that bill really well. The fact that we now know Herman will not be the head guy at TCU or SMU helps our cause. What other job is open that Herman would want?