2021 Coaching Carousel

39 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We will be late to the party as usual. 

Yep.  I wonder who will be available next year at this time.  This may sound pretty bad, but if Frost fails next year, I hope he does it early so we can start the coach search early. I'm kind of resigned to the fact that we'll be in a coach search next year.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, TGHusker said:

Yep.  I wonder who will be available next year at this time.  This may sound pretty bad, but if Frost fails next year, I hope he does it early so we can start the coach search early. I'm kind of resigned to the fact that we'll be in a coach search next year.  

Might be enough movement this year that we are the only "blue blood" looking for a HC. Lol 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

No kidding?  Confirmed?  Easiest path to winning.

Riley jumping ship before having to coach Oklahoma in the SEC.

I honestly think Oklahoma's & Texas' move to the SEC will be similar to Nebraska's current outcome in the Big Ten. Great monetary increase for the school, but a huge step down when it comes to having success on the football field.

• Plus1 6
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Caleb Williams to USC makes sense 

Yup, Texas and OU will regret abandoning the BIG12 just like the Huskers should regret joining the BIG10.

Riley to USC is interesting. He could flourish out there. He could be gone in 30 games. One thing is for sure, the expectations will be high and the talent pool he has to recruit from is incredible...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Riley jumping ship before having to coach Oklahoma in the SEC.

I honestly think Oklahoma's & Texas' move to the SEC will be similar to Nebraska's current outcome in the Big Ten. Great monetary increase for the school, but a huge step down when it comes to having success on the football field.

Applies to nearly every school that has switched conferences in the past 10-12 years. I don’t think any team that switched conferences has been in the playoff (so far as I can remember). None have kept their head coach beyond three or so years as that on field success was fleeting in most cases. Changing conferences affects more than just the helmets, jerseys and game locations. Whole bunch of dynamics are affected, especially recruiting and learning the nuances of other teams/coaches in the league. 

• Plus1 1