2021 Coaching Carousel

2 hours ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Bob has a great gig and would be crazy to go back.  His legacy would take a hit with SEC play

Bob wouldn't be crazy......I think he's around $4 million per year with Fox.  SEC tv money can put the Oklahoma job in the $10 million range for a name and resume like Bob Stoops.

7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Bob wouldn't be crazy......I think he's around $4 million per year with Fox.  SEC tv money can put the Oklahoma job in the $10 million range for a name and resume like Bob Stoops.

Mel Tucker just got 9.5 million for 3 years of experience. 2 were losing seasons. Bob should be with $20 based on that scale 

3 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

To be honest I have never been sold on Lincoln Riley, Now that he is actually going to have to do some coaching. It is a whole different animal in USC than it is in Norman. I don't think it is as great of a hire as everyone thinks it is going to be. 

Best news is Urban to USC is no longer a thing. 

Yea he took over a program that was humming along in great shape in a dogs#!t conference and all while their arch rival Texas is a complete dumpster fire. He hasn’t exactly proved much.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Farms said:

Yea he took over a program that was humming along in great shape in a dogs#!t conference and all while their arch rival Texas is a complete dumpster fire. He hasn’t exactly proved much.

I would take Lincoln Riley over Frost in a Second…he is not my first choice by a mile but any coach is better than Frost at this point.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

It is so sad to see how every team with a rich football history is trying hard to regain their former glory while we are looking to save a few million even if it sets us back years in recruiting and player development. Florida, USC, and LSU are going at it hard and willing to do whatever it takes to get their man. Florida got Napier, USC grabbed Riley, and LSU is willing to pay 10 mil or more per year for a good coach. While these teams want to climb back on top, we have to pray and hope that God blesses the Huskers by bestowing wisdom and football game planning knowledge on our HC who managed to be outcoached by every Big Ten coach multiple times including Ferentz in four straight years. If you ask me, that is too much to ask from God. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

It is so sad to see how every team with a rich football history is trying hard to regain their former glory while we are looking to save a few million even if it sets us back years in recruiting and player development. Florida, USC, and LSU are going at it hard and willing to do whatever it takes to get their man. Florida got Napier, USC grabbed Riley, and LSU is willing to pay 10 mil or more per year for a good coach. While these teams want to climb back on top, we have to pray and hope that God blesses the Huskers by bestowing wisdom and football game planning knowledge on our HC who managed to be outcoached by every Big Ten coach multiple times including Ferentz in four straight years. If you ask me, that is too much to ask from God. 

Solid and uncomfortably true.  Are we willing to pay to win?  It would appear not at this moment.  Who besides Rutgers and Duke would keep a coach who is getting worse each year.  And Cutcliffe is stepping away.

And everyone else had made mad cash dashes to hire guys now.  Who are still going bowling and who people never thought would leave.  And we don't even have a ST coach confirmed....

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Your thoughts mirror my own.  If we desire to not only be relevant once more, but also competitive in terms of league championships, we are going to have to pony up and pay to get "the guy".  Whoever that may be.  The market rate for top flight coaching prospects, in many cases unproved at the Power 5 level, has gone up considerably.  

With this upcoming lame duck season, including Spring / Fall practices and games, it is imperative that the powers that be in and around this program, develop not only a list of prospective candidates, but also determine just how much they are prepared to spend in order to right the ship.  Moreover, we should also consider the possibility of going all in on a proven and successful Power 5 head coach, even if that offer puts us north of $10 million per season.  

If we are prepared to spend significant money on new facilities, it is only logical to assume that the same program would put significant money on the table for a proven, successful Power 5 coach.  

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Farms said:

Sour grapes. Riley took a strong OU program and kept it strong and relevant. He had multiple Heisman trophy winners, top rankings, championships, and playoff appearances. If it was so easy why has NO ONE come close to this since Solich left NU?  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1