2021 Coaching Carousel

Just now, runningblind said:

Brian Kelly and Chip Kelly are two different people.

Brian Kelly seems like an overreach for LSU.  They lost out on Riley, Jimbo, Aranda and overpaid for a guy that doesn't fit.  I can't blame Kelly actually. I predict he backs up the truck and has about 4 years at LSU and retires.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, chamrocck said:

Brian Kelly seems like an overreach for LSU.  They lost out on Riley, Jimbo, Aranda and overpaid for a guy that doesn't fit.  I can't blame Kelly actually. I predict he backs up the truck and has about 4 years at LSU and retires.  

He might do fine with all the talent, he might not.  He gets paid and you don't turn that amount of money down.

Just now, runningblind said:

He might do fine with all the talent, he might not.  He gets paid and you don't turn that amount of money down.

Agree on the money that Kelly can't turn that down. He got his payday. But LSU has to pay a big buyout to Orgeron still, right? And now are paying the highest coach in CFB.  Geaux big or go home!

All these programs making mega-million deals to attract big shot coaches. Joke on them…we made the best deal here. A deal you can only get at the dollar general store. We get to keep a coach who does not recognize when his punt unit is lined up incorrectly in a rivalry game when you are up 21-9 and looking for your first win over a ranked opponent. Who is laughing now LSU and USC?

6 hours ago, Hilltop said:

He wouldn't get anywhere near that.  The resume just isn't there.  He could however get a nice raise and a better situation than MN.  Or, maybe ND has actually talked to urb??  

Notre Dame wouldn't hire slimy Urban if he offered to coach for free.  The Catholics would never allow a low character coaching hire.

• Plus1 1