2021 Coaching Carousel

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...Riley had TWO homes in Norman?  So...his wife is moving back in with him in LA?  Good things happen when you're paid that much.

He was in the process of building a new home in Norman that was to be completed after this season, thats the 2nd home.  He didn't actively have 2 homes in Norman.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would be so f#&%ing pissed if I were a player.

The one thing I've taken from all of this.  These big name 'splash' hires in the end aren't always what I would call loyal at all in the end to their respective programs, players obv included.  Pictured this happening with us if we were to ever land a 'big name' coach.  It would be all fun and games until that day everyone's new favorite Nebraska coach up and decided that he's going elsewhere and oh well.  Time for me to move on. ($$$$$)  Good luck NU on finding your new coach.  I'm always a Husker blah blah blah.  Doubt they'd even say the last part.

The same goes for an up and coming coach these days in CFB I suppose.  So much shuffling going on now in coaching as a whole.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

The one thing I've taken from all of this.  These big name 'splash' hires in the end aren't always what I would call loyal at all in the end to their respective programs, players obv included.  Pictured this happening with us if we were to ever land a 'big name' coach.  It would be all fun and games until that day everyone's new favorite Nebraska coach up and decided that he's going elsewhere and oh well.  Time for me to move on. ($$$$$)  Good luck NU on finding your new coach.  I'm always a Husker blah blah blah.  Doubt they'd even say the last part.

IF...and I'm not saying it will.....But IF the gamble we took in keeping Frost works out and he ends up turning around the program, I see this situation as the huge benefit from doing that.

If we showed Frost loyalty and kept him, he's going to be way more loyal to Nebraska than another coach.

But...he has to get it turned around before that's seen as a benefit.

• Plus1 2

We see these coaches and it can be easy to get jealous of their fame and fortune. The supposedly lavish lifestyle usually is a double edged sword because it forces you to turn your back on players, friends and even coaches who worked under them at one school who don’t get carried over to the next bigger coaching job. I guess you learn to one day say “I’m perfectly happy right where I am” and the next day say “you are taking a higher paying coaching job halfway across the country.”

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

So...if Kelly hadn't resigned yet and visited a recruit and that recruit ends up playing for LSU, can ND sue Kelly?

This whole deal keeps getting more and more dirty.

Leave your team that might end up in the playoffs and at the same time, go recruit for your new team while you're still being paid by your old team.

Losing a lot of respect for Kelly.

• Plus1 2