2021 Coaching Carousel

2 minutes ago, admo said:

Wow I didn't even know about this until now. 

I'm not sure I like this at all.  I like LSU, A&M and Arkansas when it comes to the SEC teams.  I've never liked Kelly and thought he was similar to Les Miles.  Dang this sucks IMO.

He seems to be the opposite of Coach O 

that always works out well 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

He seems to be the opposite of Coach O 

that always works out well 

Why would Freeman go to LSU to be a DC when he may become the next HC at ND or somewhere else?

I would laugh at ND but I don't think any team is safe from their coach leaving at a drop of a hat. Sometimes it isn't even for a better job. 

37 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

As we know, this means nothing

Not be a jerk, but you can understand why they reached out to him.

Before taking Ohio State job he emphatically said that Notre Dame is always his #1 dream job.  And he coached WRs at ND for 4 years before getting his first HC job at BG. 

Plus the irony, that when Meyer says he's not interested, he usually means the opposite lol.

I just want the Baylor coach to remain at Baylor & the Coastal Carolina coach to remain at CC..... so that one of them is available next year - just in case Trev's deal doesn't work out.  At this point - my top 2 active HC that haven't moved on the chess board - Oh and Lane Kiffin is in that group as well.   All three have things to offer if Nebraska needs to get serious.  Dave Aranda's stock will go sky high if he defeats Ok State in the CCG.  I like what Chadwell is doing at Costal Caroline - an improvement on what Frost is doing.  And Kiffin would be an intriguing hire and I think he could be successful here.  So we have seen that all it takes in money and the big names will go to unexpected places.  Perhaps saving $7.5 million on Frost's buyout will enable us to 'buy' a great experienced HC next year.  We could be one of the few blue bloods looking for a coach then.  Nebraska & the Big 10 would be a step up for Chadwell, Kiffin would find an easier route to the playoffs.  It might be harder to justify Aranda leaving Baylor as he has an easier route to the playoffs in the Big 12 - esp wt OU leaving soon. But there is no place like Nebraska and our tradition and fan support may be enough to pull him in along with the cash$$$$$

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

No.  It's much easier to get to North Carolina from South Bend.

I don't get it.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would be so f#&%ing pissed if I were a player.

I'd be overjoyed if ND would hire interim coach Lou Holtz.  At least until I realized that meant Skip was in charge.

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

What comes around goes around, Notre Dame. Brian Kelly also bailed on Cincinnati to take the ND job when Cincy was in contention for the NCG game at the time.

This poster is full of misinformation about workplace accidents and Cincy's place in the BCS.

6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I just want the Baylor coach to remain at Baylor & the Coastal Carolina coach to remain at CC..... so that one of them is available next year - just in case Trev's deal doesn't work out.  At this point - my top 2 active HC that haven't moved on the chess board - Oh and Lane Kiffin is in that group as well.   All three have things to offer if Nebraska needs to get serious.  Dave Aranda's stock will go sky high if he defeats Ok State in the CCG.  I like what Chadwell is doing at Costal Caroline - an improvement on what Frost is doing.  And Kiffin would be an intriguing hire and I think he could be successful here.  So we have seen that all it takes in money and the big names will go to unexpected places.  Perhaps saving $7.5 million on Frost's buyout will enable us to 'buy' a great experienced HC next year.  We could be one of the few blue bloods looking for a coach then.  Nebraska & the Big 10 would be a step up for Chadwell, Kiffin would find an easier route to the playoffs.  It might be harder to justify Aranda leaving Baylor as he has an easier route to the playoffs in the Big 12 - esp wt OU leaving soon. But there is no place like Nebraska and our tradition and fan support may be enough to pull him in along with the cash$$$$$

Maybe Trev is incredibly savvy.  Knows Frost won’t turn the program around.  Knew that a lot of big coaching spots were opening up or would.  Got the buy out down.  Knew a lot of fans and talking heads still support Frost.  Bri g him back, let it implode.  He’s done everything possible to save the chosen one.  No one will say, one more year and we get a whole new staff.  Not trying to piece together one.  And the whole hiring a WR before the OC rumors might have scared would be candidates.