2021 Coaching Carousel

1 hour ago, LaunchCode said:

I think Gene Chizik was fired a couple seasons after Auburn won the national championship.    

Yeah I knew there was a similar situation.   That's probably what I was thinking of.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Solich got fired 2 years after participating in the NC game.  That is pretty close. 

That too!  I forgot it was only 2 years later.  SHEESH!

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

Most of the "big name" head coaches would laugh at the notion there is no place like Nebraska.

If Aranda has another good season, he'll be $10-15 million dollar man.  Chadwell will stay east or southeast and be a $10 million dollar man.

There is zero chance someone is paying Jamey Chadwell $10mm/yr to be a first time P5 HC.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

There is zero chance someone is paying Jamey Chadwell $10mm/yr to be a first time P5 HC.

No but we came close wt G5 Frost 4 years ago - and that was before this race to the top began.  WE didn't get our money's worth for sure.  In retrospective, I wish we had Chadwell's longer G5 experience instead of Frost's flash in the pan experience. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

No but we came close wt G5 Frost 4 years ago - and that was before this race to the top began.  WE didn't get our money's worth for sure.  In retrospective, I wish we had Chadwell's longer G5 experience instead of Frost's flash in the pan experience. 

You are correct in that whenever Chadwell gets a P5 job, he will be able to command a salary of $6-8M.  That's just the going rate for a Power 5 job.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Wasn't Frost $5million a year for 7 years? That's half of $10 million, right?

Someone bust the gif out of doing the math equations and tell me I'm right.

If my calculations are true, is that close?

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Wasn't Frost $5million a year for 7 years? That's half of $10 million, right?

Someone bust the gif out of doing the math equations and tell me I'm right.

If my calculations are true, is that close?

I thought it was 7 million. But I stand corrected. It was 7 years. Got my wires crossed.  Thank you for the correction 

30 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

From Twitter 

Fun fact for your day. The coach with the highest all-time winning percentage in all of FBS is *still* Tom Osborne. He has a .836 win %. The next closest is, of course, Nick Saban. To catch Osborne's %, Saban would have to win the next 74 games in a row.

I give up, what am i looking at

• Haha 1