2021 Coaching Carousel

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've asked myself this a number of times.  

With the contracts we see now with USC and LSU, at what point is the breaking point?  Let's say Riley isn't successful at USC and is fired in 4 years.  They are still on the hook for something like 10 million for 6 years.  Then, I'm sure they will go out and pay even more for the next guy and let's say he isn't successful and they are on the hook for a huge buyout for him.  LSU is said to be paying way above market for assistants too and I'm sure USC is looking to do the same.  

I know athletic departments are swimming in money.  But, there is still a limit.  

I wonder if we will ever see one of these top programs go through a period where they're broke because of this and need to pull back on what they are paying.

Has any coach actually sued to get his buy out?  Seems like you cannot actually go a week as a HC without doing something fireable 'with cause' and it's always settled behind closed doors.

31 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Has any coach actually sued to get his buy out?  Seems like you cannot actually go a week as a HC without doing something fireable 'with cause' and it's always settled behind closed doors.

Oh, they will get it because it’s in the contract. 

But where is the breaking point with these programs?

1 hour ago, GSG said:

I would like CSU to be a decent program, but they have been a dumpster fire in recent years.  The one exception is that coach who went to Florida after a couple of good seasons at CSU.  CSU also has a really nice on-campus stadium, so it would be nice to actually go see some decent football being played there.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I would like CSU to be a decent program, but they have been a dumpster fire in recent years.  The one exception is that coach who went to Florida after a couple of good seasons at CSU.  CSU also has a really nice on-campus stadium, so it would be nice to actually go see some decent football being played there.

Sorry Wyoming only plays there every other year

• Haha 4
8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Agreed 100%. Jim McElwain is the coach that went to Florida. He’s at Central Michigan now. I’d love to see them beat the pants off CU for 10-15 straight seasons for a change. 

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Jim McElwain! He's doing pretty well at Central Michigan 

• Plus1 1