2021 Coaching Carousel

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

It's interesting that rumors to that effect came out just a few days after Riley abandoned OU, but then I saw nothing new about it for a while, so I figured it was just click-bait.  Looks possibly legit now.

I am surprised, since I started to think that Stoops would end up back as full time HC. 

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And yet his offense wasn’t an option offense as a base offense. 

Thank you.  Revisionist memories of TO.  We ran the option, but not as the primary run game.  It was a scheme, but not his offense.  Traps, counters was the straw that stirred the drink.  I truly would love some of that again!

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Fired and re-hired.  That's a wild ride.  

Maybe we bring back Beck as OC.  Kidding, not kidding.

Wouldn't be that bad of an idea... Beck as OC and Scott calling plays could actually be a good combo. Beck had great play design, he was just bad at in game calls.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Wouldn't be that bad of an idea... Beck as OC and Scott calling plays could actually be a good combo. Beck had great play design, he was just bad at in game calls.

He made me crazy at times, but living in ACC country I see some NC State games.  He has improved a lot....Knows the B1G from NU and OU.  So I went back and read about his time at NU....Dude was light years ahead of what we have had since.  Who knows if he'd come back.  Has a great deal at NC State.

• Plus1 1