2021 Coaching Carousel

26 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I feel like Trev standing pat wasn't what a lot of people wanted, but it may have been the most shrewd move with all of the turnover.

Save $12 million in buyout, don't get stuck with a "meh" coach (Riley), and you have the option to reset next year if Frost can't make it work.

Agreed.  The road is cleared by the firing and hiring from this year and we most likely will be the only blue blood program making a change next year if Frost isn't retained.  However this year proved that nothing is a sure thing.   

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I feel like Trev standing pat wasn't what a lot of people wanted, but it may have been the most shrewd move with all of the turnover.

Save $12 million in buyout, don't get stuck with a "meh" coach (Riley), and you have the option to reset next year if Frost can't make it work.

A rational post. Finally. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

Has been a crazy carousel. When I had mentioned Cristobal, people thought that would never happen. I didn’t see the Riley and Kelly moves. We need to get our moves done soon. This poker game is not for weak hands.

I agree and when there is chaos with the HC spot it trickles down to the staff too which means Frost and company need to have their ducks in a row with locking down our offensive staff.  

If we do move on from Frost next year. I think we need to be prepared to make some big moves like we have seen this cycle. Throw some money out there to steal a successful P5 coach from another program. 

In the past it was always- who is available. Based on this year it is who cares who is available. It is "who do we want" then go steal them.

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Is this correct?  22% of all P5 coaches have moved?

And how bizarre is it that not one Big Ten coach moved on? 

Many would argue NU needed a change more than any. Two consecutive 3 win seasons at Nebraska!   About as bad as any that made changes.  Some had coaches poached of course and were not really wanting a change.  Nobody stole Frost yet for some reason?  

8 minutes ago, sho said:

Bleacher Report (you can judge how credible they are) reports that with Cristobal heading to Miami, Oregon's first choice is to go all in on Chip Kelly to come back.

Why the hell would they want him back. I get that he may not leave again but his system doesn’t work anymore 

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Totally agree, but in another way Trev didn't stand pat. He made it clear that major changes need to be made, and assured Scott Frost that his seat was red hot. 

1 hour ago, Decked said:

A rational post. Finally. 

I don't know about you, but I prefer to voice my irrational thoughts anonymously via message board tourettes so that I can continue being a rational human being in the real world.  

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Who doesn't??

Since I live about 30 minutes south of Fort Collins, I agree!

• Oh Yeah! 1