2021 Coaching Carousel

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

My guesses would be Berthoud or Johnstown.

I like the buffet lunch and a couple of John Dalys at Nordy's in Loveland though ....just did that last Friday.

Yeah, either of those two would be closer to 30 minutes south of FC.  I'm in the northern Denver suburbs, and my son's school is in the same conference as the FC schools, so I've made that drive quite a bit over the past year.  I-25 between Denver and Ft. Collins pretty much sucks.  There is always construction, and the drivers suck too.  It's the same line of jerks in large pick-up trucks which clog up the left lanes the entire way.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Loveland?

6 minutes ago, TheSker said:

My guesses would be Berthoud or Johnstown.

I like the buffet lunch and a couple of John Dalys at Nordy's in Loveland though ....just did that last Friday.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, either of those two would be closer to 30 minutes south of FC.  I'm in the northern Denver suburbs, and my son's school is in the same conference as the FC schools, so I've made that drive quite a bit over the past year.  I-25 between Denver and Ft. Collins pretty much sucks.  There is always construction, and the drivers suck too.  It's the same line of jerks in large pick-up trucks which clog up the left lanes the entire way.

Berthoud.  You guys are all over it.

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm one of those in a large pick up truck.  I'm with a construction company and do the I-25 corridor from Cheyenne WY to Pueblo Colorado.

I have my favorite places to grab a drink all up and down the corridor 

I live west of Denver near Morrison.

• Oh Yeah! 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, bad move unless it is a ton more scratch or he just hates Reno (like everyone else)

https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/how-much-every-mountain-west-football-coaches-makes-nevadas-jay-norvell-last-in-league#:~:text=Nevada's Jay Norvell has proven,database%2C which was released Thursday.

Think it’s as simple as money, CSU could probably triple his salary. Plus the Reno thing lol

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

How much did NU spend on their assistant contracts?

What I find funny is we negotiated Frosts buyout down for next year alone to save what? 12.5 mil dollars? We just guaranteed Mickeys contract for 3 years at 600k a year. So we can the staff next year and Mickey still gets 1.2 mil if he isnt retained. I would imagine the other position coaches and OC will be similar. So say your other 2 assistants are around a mil of a buyout so now we are at over 3 mil owed if they arent retained. Then you do the OC which will probably be another 3 mil of guaranteed over 3 years. Now we are saving what? 7ish million bucks by doing this? 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

I live west of I25 and avoid it like the plague so I go through Loveland and up on surface streets mostly.  Maybe 25 minutes or so it takes.

I25 is the worst. 285 is a much better drive. We take 285 to Longmont to see our friends quite a bit. If we’re going to Denver, we head east toward 85 and take that to i76. We’re in Windsor. Have you played the new TPC course in Berthoud yet? 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

I25 is the worst. 285 is a much better drive. We take 285 to Longmont to see our friends quite a bit. If we’re going to Denver, we head east toward 85 and take that to i76. We’re in Windsor. Have you played the new TPC course in Berthoud yet? 

I went to the Korn Ferry last summer at TPC in Berthoud.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

I haven't yet, which is sad as I love to golf. Next year I hope to get out there. Mainly play at Mariana in Loveland.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1