2021 Coaching Carousel

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

For NIL I could see it. Harbaugh took a 4 million dollar pay cut in June so this has never been about money for Harbaugh.

Just posted in the NIL thread about A&M, it was reported they spend up to 30 mil on their #1 class this year. And it was a highly coordinated effort between coaches and boosters. NIL will be tied to winning in the coming years, guys like Harbaugh and Jimbo know that. 

• Plus1 3
19 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Only because the Bears job is open.  Doubt he leaves Mich after this season.  Plus Chicago will be open again in 3yrs

Nah, he will go to the Raiders. He fits much better in the NFL, he distains the babysitting at the college level. Also, he has connections all through that program and he loves those California winters.

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/5/2022 at 11:22 AM, FrantzHardySwag said:

Just posted in the NIL thread about A&M, it was reported they spend up to 30 mil on their #1 class this year. And it was a highly coordinated effort between coaches and boosters. NIL will be tied to winning in the coming years, guys like Harbaugh and Jimbo know that. 

Great article on it,  The have the #1 class by 11 points.  Schollie OL get $50k/year.  The give "contracts" to the recruits/players that become null and void if they enter transfer portal.  For example, RB might be promised $250k/year if they stay.  It's insane.  Either get on board the train or left behind at the station......

https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-am-recruiting-class-nil-money/

14 hours ago, lo country said:

Great article on it,  The have the #1 class by 11 points.  Schollie OL get $50k/year.  The give "contracts" to the recruits/players that become null and void if they enter transfer portal.  For example, RB might be promised $250k/year if they stay.  It's insane.  Either get on board the train or left behind at the station......

https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-am-recruiting-class-nil-money/

Hopefully we can land in the top 25...

19 hours ago, lo country said:

I'd love for Frost to bring on a group if investors/PR guys to be NIL analysts.  Get a whole little section working on NIL contracts.  I mean recruiting..........

My recollection is NU has claimed to be ahead in the game.  I would think thats what the NIL firm does.  Line up money for players ( recruits-signees both).  That is pay for play.   College athletes are paid whatever they can get and the schools line it up for them.   Self help may be ok but it wont do in the current free agency marketplace.  Hope NU is not way behind.  Frost says we are national leaders in NIL $$.