2021 Coaching Carousel

16 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Applies to nearly every school that has switched conferences in the past 10-12 years. I don’t think any team that switched conferences has been in the playoff (so far as I can remember). None have kept their head coach beyond three or so years as that on field success was fleeting in most cases. Changing conferences affects more than just the helmets, jerseys and game locations. Whole bunch of dynamics are affected, especially recruiting and learning the nuances of other teams/coaches in the league. 

Spot on!

I don't know how it will happen, but I honestly believe somehow the Great Plains schools, specifically the old Big 8 teams will find their way back into some kind of conference together.

College football conferences will change dramatically again in the next 10 years, and definitely in the next 25 years. The money has been great for the schools that left their century old conferences, but the fans of many of those teams are beyond disgusted with the actual results on the football field.

Nebraska should never, ever be in a "conference game" with the likes of Maryland or Rutgers.

I don't know how it will happen but I don't see Nebraska staying in the Big Ten, and I think eventually Oklahoma will tire of being in the SEC.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Spot on!

I don't know how it will happen, but I honestly believe somehow the Great Plains schools, specifically the old Big 8 teams will find their way back into some kind of conference together.

College football conferences will change dramatically again in the next 10 years, and definitely in the next 25 years. The money has been great for the schools that left their century old conferences, but the fans of many of those teams are beyond disgusted with the actual results on the football field.

Nebraska should never, ever be in a "conference game" with the likes of Maryland or Rutgers.

I don't know how it will happen but I don't see Nebraska staying in the Big Ten, and I think eventually Oklahoma will tire of being in the SEC.

The chance of that happening would depend if football develops into 4 massive conferences -with PODs to create more local rivalries and less overall travel. South ( SEC + Texas schools) East (Big 10, ACC)  Western (Pac 12 & Mountain West) Midwest (Big 8, western Big 10 schools)

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The chance of that happening would depend if football develops into 4 massive conferences -with PODs to create more local rivalries and less overall travel. South ( SEC + Texas schools) East (Big 10, ACC)  Western (Pac 12 & Mountain West) Midwest (Big 8, western Big 10 schools)

The only way that would happen is if the "traditional conferences" failed to exist in the long run. The University Presidents in the Big Ten and SEC have such an ego to them, they would rather bring in new schools, rather than splitting up altogether. 

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

The only way that would happen is if the "traditional conferences" failed to exist in the long run. The University Presidents in the Big Ten and SEC have such an ego to them, they would rather bring in new schools, rather than splitting up altogether. 

agreed

• Plus1 1