2021 Coaching Carousel

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well there are other sources saying Venables will be the new Oklahoma coach.  If so, that is a really fast move by the OU admin.

Doesn't the Joel Klatt comment sound kind of familiar??    I wonder what is in my mind that would think so.  Maybe.....

Come help me do this': Scott Frost calls on former Huskers to help him  rebuild Nebraska football | Blogs | omaha.com

This flight tracker stuff is fun, but if you’re going to look, do it now. I can’t figure out how to search previous days, just today. 

maybe this is a usual occurrence, but a flight originated out of Lincoln 9:00 am this morning. It landed at approx 11:30 am in Norman and returned to Lincoln at 2:00pm-ish. It was chartered by Silverhawk aviation, which is headquartered out of Lincoln and has a fleet of 11 jets. Perhaps a red herring?  Lol. 

now on to South Bend flight, chartered by a different company. 

4 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

This flight tracker stuff is fun, but if you’re going to look, do it now. I can’t figure out how to search previous days, just today. 

maybe this is a usual occurrence, but a flight originated out of Lincoln 9:00 am this morning. It landed at approx 11:30 am in Norman and returned to Lincoln at 2:00pm-ish. It was chartered by Silverhawk aviation, which is headquartered out of Lincoln and has a fleet of 11 jets. Perhaps a red herring?  Lol. 

Oooo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

11 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

A lot of schools and coaches use silverhawk for a quick trip for recruiting purposes as well, and have taken off from weird locations.   For instance I know a  school in the midwest was in the NE for basketball, HC flew Silverhawk from Boston to OKC (Norman) to see a recruit day of game, during silly season and flew back in time to be with the team a few hours before tip.  

And schools agents are very much aware of fans tracking.  Coaches will leave drive 2-3 hours to a different airport, use Silverhawk to a neutral site and interview there instead of going to the new school.  It's really only after it's a done deal, and it's public knowledge, will they go direct.   For this Lincoln flight, it could easily be a coach from KSU meeting with UT.

12 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Yeah there were flights today to Baton Rouge, Lexington and more, and one scheduled early tomorrow from Champaign.  I am sure it's not really much but it's still fun to look at.

35 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Talked to an OU alum and booster today and he said Riley made it really clear to the brass that he did not like the idea of going to the SEC before it was made official and hitching their wagon to Texas.  He said this was pretty much a F U to the higher-ups at OU for going through with the SEC move.  Riley was all for the staying in the Big12 or a possible move to the B1G.  

And I don't know if you remember, but when expansion talk was hot and heavy, the prior Oklahoma President wanted to move to the B1G instead of the SEC for multiple reasons, including the fact that the move would prop up Oklahoma's academic cache and the rest of Oklahoma's sports...something that will certainly take a hit with the move to the SEC. The fans wanted the SEC...and as we know, if there's a fanbase that doesn't know s*** from shinola...it's Oklahoma's. 

Barry Tramell, of all people, was even waxing poetic in articles on occasion about how well Nebraska was doing academically under the B1G's umbrella and the benefits of the academic consortium. 

Oklahoma was all but a given for the B1G if they wanted to go--they were part of the original Big XII five that were going to go (before aTm got greedy and scuttled everything), and the B1G had already vetted the school. 

Texas, OTOH, would have had a very difficult road getting to the B1G. Sure they're desirable (like that hot number in the corner of the bar that will sleep with anyone and will give you herpes), but as Ohio State mentioned in one of their emails, Texass had a "Tech Problem" they couldn't deal with at the time.

Plus, there's the whole thing of Texass ruining every conference they've been a part of...

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yeah there were flights today to Baton Rouge, Lexington and more, and one scheduled early tomorrow from Champaign.  I am sure it's not really much but it's still fun to look at.

Scratch the south bend flight stuff. That charter company flies into South Bend often from multiple locations. It didn’t originate out of Lincoln either. 

What about Oklahoma’s co-offensive coordinator and line coach?  Ben something. 

8 minutes ago, sho said:

A lot of schools and coaches use silverhawk for a quick trip for recruiting purposes as well, and have taken off from weird locations.   For instance I know a  school in the midwest was in the NE for basketball, HC flew Silverhawk from Boston to OKC (Norman) to see a recruit day of game, during silly season and flew back in time to be with the team a few hours before tip.  

And schools agents are very much aware of fans tracking.  Coaches will leave drive 2-3 hours to a different airport, use Silverhawk to a neutral site and interview there instead of going to the new school.  It's really only after it's a done deal, and it's public knowledge, will they go direct.   For this Lincoln flight, it could easily be a coach from KSU meeting with UT.

It’ll be too cruel if LSU is meeting Brian Kelley in Lincoln. 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, sho said:

And I know that it probably doesn’t mean much, but the flight was in Norman for only an hour and a half before it turned around.  

not much time to visit. Seems to be a pick up or drop off deal. And it was Norman, not Will Rodgers in OKC