2021 Coaching Carousel

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

My recollection is NU has claimed to be ahead in the game.  I would think thats what the NIL firm does.  Line up money for players ( recruits-signees both).  That is pay for play.   College athletes are paid whatever they can get and the schools line it up for them.   Self help may be ok but it wont do in the current free agency marketplace.  Hope NU is not way behind.  Frost says we are national leaders in NIL $$.   

We were ahead in the game, no doubt.  However, this is changing so fast I'm not sure anyone can really keep track.  Money is coming from a lot of directions at every big school so keeping score is almost impossible.  I do think our transfer success over the past weekend is an indication we are remaining competitive with other top schools.  We don't sign the guys we have if we weren't winning some bids.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

We were ahead in the game, no doubt.  However, this is changing so fast I'm not sure anyone can really keep track.  Money is coming from a lot of directions at every big school so keeping score is almost impossible.  I do think our transfer success over the past weekend is an indication we are remaining competitive with other top schools.  We don't sign the guys we have if we weren't winning some bids.

Makes sense.   But it’s all so fluid and non public it’s hard to tell who we are and or are not getting.  I’m glad it appears we are still trying to recruit guys by getting as much info and getting to know them.  We don’t want to waste picks so to speak.  Time is short. New staff.  New names pop up.  It’s almost a blind auction compared to the years involved with h.s. recruits.  Hopefully they have old files and past research and contacts.  The choices could be make or break for the program, especially these days. 

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

You have to be right. There is no way we're not winning bids. Players aren't coming to Nebraska right now based on the recent lack of success the program has had. 

• 2 weeks later...