Where is Markese Stepp

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He sucks at pass protection, and Rahmir is better. Now that Yant is at a better weight, he is the big back for the offense. 

I haven’t seen great pass protection from any of our backs. Stepp can run the ball or go to the flat for screens and short passes.  Why is this hard to mix in the game plan?  I do like Johnson as a contributor but he’s not at the level of an every down back in the BIG.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

The bigger question is where is Yant?  7.5 yards per carry, dude should have 100 carries by now.

Yant has really struggled in pass pro at times this year.  He is improving and I honestly see him getting 40% or so of the carries going forward.  Stepp?  I wasn't impressed honestly so am glad the younger guys have beat him out for playing time.  

Scott??  Morrison??  Stepp??    There has been no consistency in the running game because the coaches can't seem to develop the right player to be the guy to lead the pack.  One could argue that it is Austin's fault as OL coach.  But even with the line deficiencies, no back has had the consistent carries or play selection to become comfortable in the position.  Rahmir has become the most consistent of late, but I don't see him as capable of being both an inside and outside runner.  I all of our RBs are good quality backs and able to contribute if placed in the right situation (play selection) and developed.  Just like at WR, I think we have the most talented RB room that we've had in many years. No single back is at the level of Oz from Frost's 1st season, but as a group, I think this is the most talented group as in how the WR group is the most talented group overall in the Frost era -   In both cases, the rotation, play selection and development is suspect.  

• Plus1 1