Who Will Win - Huskers vs OSU - Poll

TGHusker

Who Wins  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have never wished we lose a game and will never do so because I love my Huskers and I want them to win even if that means it will prolong the “keep or fire Frost” discussion. In fact, I really hope we can pull three wins in a row and become bowl eligible. Now, do I think that Martinez, our offense, and Frost can pull this miracle? No. I hope they do but seeing Frost’s body language during the Purdue game tells me he is way over his head. He simply cannot come up with a coherent game plan to beat Ohio state and his offense cannot execute without shouting themselves in the foot. I believe we might be able to pull one of our last two games to finish 4-8 which was my prediction last year but that would be it. I really hope I am wrong because I want our seniors to go to a bowl. They deserve that.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I really hope I am wrong because I want our seniors to go to a bowl. They deserve that.

Unfortunately, they had their chance last year -- and voted it down.  I understand it may have been more on the O side than the D side but if there had been any leadership from HCSF and a culture of unity, they could have had their bowl game.  Frost & his team needed to have the extra practices as well.   In my opinion it was his time to lead, to see the big picture (bowl  and practices would have build a foundation for 2021) but he failed.    I feel the most empathy for those super seniors on defense. They worked their butts off this year and they came back to achieve that goal.  It has got to be disheartening to see the Offense and ST destroy those goals.  I hope some of them will find 'redemption' in the NFL - making this year worth the effort.  

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Unfortunately, they had their chance last year -- and voted it down.  I understand it may have been more on the O side than the D side but if there had been any leadership from HCSF and a culture of unity, they could have had their bowl game.  Frost & his team needed to have the extra practices as well.   In my opinion it was his time to lead, to see the big picture (bowl  and practices would have build a foundation for 2021) but he failed.    I feel the most empathy for those super seniors on defense. They worked their butts off this year and they came back to achieve that goal.  It has got to be disheartening to see the Offense and ST destroy those goals.  I hope some of them will find 'redemption' in the NFL - making this year worth the effort.  

I would normally fight for any extra play you can get, and take any post-season invitation as an honor, but even as a fan I felt like the Rutgers game was our "extra" game and it wasn't especially inspiring and it felt like we did not deserve a bowl game at all, and in the clusterf#&% of a COVID year it would prove nothing. I think you could make the case that it took some pride and smarts to turn down the bowl game and the television money the players would never see, and spend that particular holiday with your family.

A lot of teams with better records made the same decision and took no flack for it. 

• Plus1 1
On 11/4/2021 at 12:06 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Ohio State just learned it will need style points if it wants to make the playoffs. There’s no way Nebraska catches them sleeping.

OSU is very much in control of their own destiny.  They don't need style. If they beat MSU, Mich, and win the B1G, there is no way they miss the playoffs.

I agree that it's unlikely they lay an egg tomorrow though...

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

OSU is very much in control of their own destiny.  They don't need style. If they beat MSU, Mich, and win the B1G, there is no way they miss the playoffs.

I agree that it's unlikely they lay an egg tomorrow though...

You're right. I think Michigan State is just a placeholder for the Big 10 right now.

Still, interesting to see a brand  name like Oklahoma at 9-0, trailing Cincinnati and a couple one loss teams.

• Plus1 1