It's crazy that we only have three wins.

knapplc

Honestly, this, more than anything tells me we are a consistant kicking game, and a right side of the line away from where we want to be. 

Martinez is also an issue. He unfortunately gives us the best chance to win or lose the game. 

So consistency at the QB postion (which I maintain is a symptom of a faulty line) 2 lineman upgrades, and a kicking game, from undefeated. 

I know this post will get all sorts of laughing emojies from the scrap everything dudes, but its the truth. 

We were so much better offensively with Benhart on the sidelines. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 4

This is a big reason I'm not on the fire Frost train. We haven't had a team this good generally in over a decade. Unfortunately we haven't had a team this bad at winning in over half a century. Its a bit of a head scratcher and certainly a reason Frost is on the hot seat. Winning games is the ultimate goal. But you win games by putting together a good team. In a way he is doing that. A weird phenomena to say the least

• Plus1 2

Frost has gotten us into this statistical neighborhood, but he's also cost us games with poor clock management, baffling play-calling, and failure to develop depth at QB.

I don't know where I'm at on the Keep Frost/Fire Frost debate. But there's plenty of ammo for either argument. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1

Our stats are fairly solid in most of the areas they need to be.  However, it is the little details where we are off the map bad.  

There is a legitimate argument that this team is vastly improved.  The guys saying the team is close are correct.  However, I am really beginning to question if Frost and staff have the ability to fix the details.  It honestly feels like we have a staff full of good assistants, Scott included, but no leader to put it all together.

I still think Scott can save his job with a couple of wins but for the first time in 4 years I'm not convinced I want him to.   

• Plus1 1

Fire him, dont fire him. But if they do, they have to have someone who makes Nebraska instantly better. And not necessarily just based on wins. If Nebraska gets back into the routine of consistently getting beat by 4 plus TDs against the top teams in the conference but is starts generating 6-8 wins on an easier strength of schedule, then firing Frost imo will have been a bad move. The idea should be that Frost has put everything else into place, where only a few things need fixing by the next coaching regime to put Nebraska on the right side. It has to be the right hire. Not mike riley 2.0 and we're back to a team full of ice cream lickers with no teeth because their getting curb stomped by the big boys of the conference.

• Plus1 3
53 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Fire him, dont fire him. But if they do, they have to have someone who makes Nebraska instantly better. And not necessarily just based on wins. If Nebraska gets back into the routine of consistently getting beat by 4 plus TDs against the top teams in the conference but is starts generating 6-8 wins on an easier strength of schedule, then firing Frost imo will have been a bad move. The idea should be that Frost has put everything else into place, where only a few things need fixing by the next coaching regime to put Nebraska on the right side. It has to be the right hire. Not mike riley 2.0 and we're back to a team full of ice cream lickers with no teeth because their getting curb stomped by the big boys of the conference.

What is your measure of "instantly better" because you seem to be all over the place in the rest of your post.