The thing I still don't get...

Toe

44 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Bruh, youve got your own problems

I don't get how an adult can use the word "bruh".

I still believe that Frost will be fired. He will either take a reduced payout and they separate amicably, or the University will flat fire him with cause.  

3 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

I don't get how an adult can use the word "bruh".

I still believe that Frost will be fired. He will either take a reduced payout and they separate amicably, or the University will flat fire him with cause.  

I still think the no word on the NCAA investigation is going to hold some bearing in his termination. I think it’s gonna be a nasty divorce but hopefully Scott can step away with dignity.

9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

One of my reasons for optimism this year was the thought that Frost should have seen an improvement in one-score games.  My thought was around simple "regression to the mean" and his team's had such a poor record in the past, that he should see improvement even if my dumb luck.  Unfortunately, the team has continued to self-combust in important times or find new ways to lose these close games this year, and hasn't won any of them.

My most frustrating loss this season has been Michigan State.  NU dominated them for half of the game, and I know the offense made mistakes, but did enough in the 2nd half to get the 7 point lead.  Once that lead was established, I thought it was ballgame.  Then the punt return happened, and I thoughts turned to WTF, Frost will never get it done at NU.

I think if they can get a couple close wins they will get confidence and I can see it snowballing into something really. I think a lot of people see and is why people are willing to give Frost a little more time dispite his record

7 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

And many of those drives have ended catastrophically.  Consecutive sacks, fumbles, interceptions, penalties.

But that isn't coaching. That is player execution plain and simple. Froet schemed up the perfect play to end the first half against Purdue. Frost couldn't through the pass, Lubick couldn't make the catch. That is all on the players. The coaches had them in the position to succeed.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, lo country said:

Enough we are 5-18 in one score games.....4 OT's and no first downs or points........And it's not just one year.  We have crapped the bed all 4 years in close games.  We appear to shut down when the pressure is on or we have to go to a 2 minute drill.....The wheels just fall off.  I do not even know statistically how hard would it be to flip a coin 23 times and get heads 5 and tails 18.....

Just did it on google-  The results a .401% chance......Winning at least 11 is a 66% chance.....And here we are. Riley was Mr .500   Frost isn't even that in one score games...

I simply believe that Frost and co. do not know how to coach a successful 2-min drill. You can’t teach what you don’t know. The play calling has been atrocious when we have had the ball in our hands with a chance to go and win the game. No QB in FBS has had more chances than Martinez to go down with ample time and timeouts to win the game and he keeps coming short. So, I do not know who to blame, Martinez for not learning, the coaches for not developing him, Frost for insisting to go with him when he has other QBs on the team, or all of the above. You would think after so many trials and errors, something is going to hit. Apparently not with Frost and Martinez.

4 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I simply believe that Frost and co. do not know how to coach a successful 2-min drill. You can’t teach what you don’t know. The play calling has been atrocious when we have had the ball in our hands with a chance to go and win the game. No QB in FBS has had more chances than Martinez to go down with ample time and timeouts to win the game and he keeps coming short. So, I do not know who to blame, Martinez for not learning, the coaches for not developing him, Frost for insisting to go with him when he has other QBs on the team, or all of the above. You would think after so many trials and errors, something is going to hit. Apparently not with Frost and Martinez.

Frost doesn't know how to coach the 2 min drill? Did you watch the teams he coached at Oregon and UCF. Frost may have his faults that's not one of them. I think it's more of the case Martinez just folds under pressure, and I wouldn't say Martinez hasn't learned anything at times he looks like a Heisman trophy candidate and just look at his record breaking numbers. Right now it's looking a lot more like a phycological issue rather than a coaching issue 

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Really? Most of the close losses all I heard was how Martinez missed the open guy for the go ahead score. You dont have the open guy if the play calling sucked. QB doesn't make the wrong read when we have a line that holds up. 

This season comes down to offensive offensive line play in crucial moments. Opposing teams know exactly who to rush at during those times. He chokes more than the QB. Martinez just gets caught holding the ball.

• Plus1 3

Here is how I see it. We can give frost more time (and eventually he will be here forever) and he will learn. In 10 years or so we will be great again. Or, we changeover and hope it happens, like lightning in a bottle, with a change. Or, it doesn’t, and we try again, and again and again…one of those might hit……are you a gambler?do we allow him to grow, and we watch him grow and be successful here, eventually? Or somewhere else?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HuskerJax said:

Here is how I see it. We can give frost more time (and eventually he will be here forever) and he will learn. In 20 years or so we will be great again. Or, we changeover and hope it happens, like lightning in a bottle, with a change. Or, it doesn’t, and we try again, and again and again…one of those might hit……are you a gambler?

I've always wondered, was Bob Stoops that great or was John Blaked team just ready to turn the corner? Was Pelini that much better than Callahan or was the talent going to explode for 9 wins either way? 

Was Meyer really that much better than Fickell or did the wackiness of tatoogate really screw with the team. Or just Bauserman? 

Especially with quick turnarounds, there's no way to tell how the exited coach would have fared with the same talent. 

• Plus1 2
36 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

But that isn't coaching. That is player execution plain and simple. Froet schemed up the perfect play to end the first half against Purdue. Frost couldn't through the pass, Lubick couldn't make the catch. That is all on the players. The coaches had them in the position to succeed.

If this were year-one I would totally agree. This is year four. Frost has had plenty of time to recruit, work the transfer-portal, and develop players. At this point this is truly Frost's team, if the players aren't getting the job done at this point that is on Frost and company. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Really? Most of the close losses all I heard was how Martinez missed the open guy for the go ahead score. You dont have the open guy if the play calling sucked. QB doesn't make the wrong read when we have a line that holds up. 

This season comes down to offensive offensive line play in crucial moments. Opposing teams know exactly who to rush at during those times. He chokes more than the QB. Martinez just gets caught holding the ball.

Ok, then why does Frost insist on playing Martinez when he has seen that he chokes when it matters most. Martinez had 4 INT and Frost insisted on going with him to the end. Put Smothers in for a series. The guy might surprise you. He might be a better QB come crunch time. Purdue had three QBs ready to play. You can defend Frost all you want but these decisions were his and his alone. If you see your QB is choking and struggling, no one would blame you if you took him out and gave the next man up a chance. Unless your game plan is built around Martinez and no one else. Frost’s offense has no identity. It feels like trial and error with mostly error, and if for some reason something works, we stop doing it. At some point people will run out of ways to defend Frost. 

7 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Ok, then why does Frost insist on playing Martinez when he has seen that he chokes when it matters most. Martinez had 4 INT and Frost insisted on going with him to the end. Put smothers in for a series. The guy might surprise you. He might be a better QB cone crunch time. Purdue had three QBs ready to play. You can defend Frost all you want but these decisions were his and his alone. If you see your QB is choking and struggling, no one would blame you if you took him out and gave the next man up a chance. Unless your game plan is built around Martinez and no one else. Frost’s offense has no identity. It feels like trial and error with mostly error, and if for some reason something works, we stop doing it. At some point people will run out of ways to defend Frost. 

This season comes down to offensive offensive line play in crucial moments. Opposing teams know exactly who to rush at during those times. He chokes more than the QB. Martinez just gets caught holding the ball.

9 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Ok, then why does Frost insist on playing Martinez when he has seen that he chokes when it matters most. Martinez had 4 INT and Frost insisted on going with him to the end. Put smothers in for a series. The guy might surprise you. He might be a better QB cone crunch time. Purdue had three QBs ready to play. You can defend Frost all you want but these decisions were his and his alone. If you see your QB is choking and struggling, no one would blame you if you took him out and gave the next man up a chance. Unless your game plan is built around Martinez and no one else. Frost’s offense has no identity. It feels like trial and error with mostly error, and if for some reason something works, we stop doing it. At some point people will run out of ways to defend Frost. 

Unless things are worse than we think. Not defending Frost.

I honestly feel bad for Frost. He should of stayed at UCF. He has ruined his legacy. 

The question will be next week has he lost the team?

His statements this week seems to indicate he has given up. 
Granted his off field conduct and issues he might be having a melt down.

Hopefully he can pull rabbits out of his a$$ and win the last series which would be awesome.

The boosters I know are down for buying tickets for next year. (if they haven't already)

Personally if we could get a translator for Ed Orgeron I would be ok with him.

• Haha 1