The thing I still don't get...

Toe

5 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Adrian has also been a consistent factor as well. I mentioned this before cause I saw a couple other people use the term and I agree. I think Adrian has the yips. It's not uncommon in sports and it is fixable, not sure Adrian can but it is fixable. The thing about the yips it is contagious, other player then begin pressing to account for it and more mistakes like jumping offside happens and it snowballs. I am very convinced this is what's happening on the offensive side of things and it is very fixable, we may need to move on from Martinez, but I have seen enough improvement from the team as a whole that's I still have confidence in Frost.

I've suspected that part of the problem in the last two games is that players are starting to press trying to make things happen instead of playing within the system.  When we were playing earlier in the year (especially on defense) the system was working and they were playing well.  since the losses have started piling up, players may be trying to do too much instead of just do their job.  Then, it snowballs from there.

• Plus1 1

46 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Overall, the penalties and turnover margin have improved, but it's the timing of the penalties and turnovers which are still leading to losses.

Sorry- when the refs choose to throw flags has a huge impact on the game. We all know if refs wanted they could flag something on every play. Nebraska is flagged a certain times when it is very impactful, maybe not a full blown conspiracy, but the refs certainly do have bias. Just wait until we get the reffing crew led by the Ohio State employee this weekend. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Sorry- when the refs choose to throw flags has a huge impact on the game. We all know if refs wanted they could flag something on every play. Nebraska is flagged a certain times when it is very impactful, maybe not a full blown conspiracy, but the refs certainly do have bias. Just wait until we get the reffing crew led by the Ohio State employee this weekend. 

Meh-- I think this is a bit overblown. My guess is we have a bit of a reputation deal so maybe you get some calls that dont go your way.

Not nearly as bas as it was with Bo but I dont think it is some big conspiracy.

We(myself included) just like to tell ourselves that  as an excuse to our team just not being very good.

• Plus1 4

9 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Yup anyone paying attention with any kind of rational thought coming into the season knew there was a real chance that we could be a vastly improved team this year and still end up with a worse record.

Doesn't matter. if we were truly improved we would have better showings against illinois, minnesota, and purdue. lets stop the straw clutching. same reasons we weren't competitive and couldn't close out games in year 1 and 2 are the same reasons in year 4.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Yup anyone paying attention with any kind of rational thought coming into the season knew there was a real chance that we could be a vastly improved team this year and still end up with a worse record.

Scott, how do you explain losing to Illinois, Purdue and Minnie?  We have a tough schedule.  No doubt. We LOST closer to better teams this year.  And also lost closely to well, lesser teams....And one of our wins against power house Fordham.....Our last wins agains P5 teams with winning records was 2018....I still don't see how still having a losing record is better....or improving.....or reason to think Frost will work out.

If Frost can break they cycle and actually be successful next year (even going bowling) he should absolutely be the coach of the year as he will do something only Cutcliffe and Shiano have done...get above .500 after 4 losing years....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, lo country said:

Scott, how do you explain losing to Illinois, Purdue and Minnie?  We have a tough schedule.  No doubt. We LOST closer to better teams this year.  And also lost closely to well, lesser teams....And one of our wins against power house Fordham.....Our last wins agains P5 teams with winning records was 2018....I still don't see how still having a losing record is better....or improving.....or reason to think Frost will work out.

If Frost can break they cycle and actually be successful next year (even going bowling) he should absolutely be the coach of the year as he will do something only Cutcliffe and Shiano have done...get above .500 after 4 losing years....

Minnesota is 6-2. 

Lost to Ohio State and Bowling Green.  They have 2-3 wins left on the table.

Purdue is 5-3.  On the verge of playing a bowl game.  They beat Nebraska, and also Iowa 24-7.

It's not the name or the history.  

Maybe credit these teams being good at football?

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, admo said:

Minnesota is 6-2. 

Purdue is 5-3.  On the verge of playing a bowl game.  They beat Nebraska, and also Iowa 24-7.

That's my point.  The teams that we "should be better than" we lose to. In 4 years, we are now the bottom feeder of the B1G.  I am unsure how we'd do against Rutgers or Maryland now. One of the top 5 recruit rankings in the B1G and this is where we are.  AND IIRC, we were favored in those losses....

Teams that do not have the facilities, money or athletes we do are owning us.....Why?  IMHO, it's our HC.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, admo said:

Minnesota is 6-2. 

What you're saying is that there are a lot of good teams in the Big 10, and we need to get more comfortable being at the bottom with Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana and Illinois.

Except we couldn't beat Illinois.

And Maryland and Rutgers have better records. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Be better than who?  Where is that coming from?  The 90's mentality?  That was forever ago.

Listen up, it aint easy winning because you won a lot of games 25 years ago.  Teams improve, programs get better. 

We been in games.  We don't win because we don't have a dagger mentality.

If I get a lead on you, I am going to strike the dagger in you, so that you no have hope.

The big ten (and across the college football board) play to a rhythm.  You got to have a dagger mentality and back it up.   Get a lead.  Dagger.  Game over.

We just don't got that yet.

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

What you're saying is that there are a lot of good teams in the Big 10, and we need to get more comfortable being at the bottom with Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana and Illinois.

Except we couldn't beat Illinois.

And Maryland and Rutgers have better records. 

What your'e saying is nothing I said, so... 

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, admo said:

Minnesota is 6-2. 

Those teams are decent at football. Welcome to the B1G. If you lose to all the good/decent teams on the schedule you’re probably one of the turds sitting at the bottom of the bowl. 

• Haha 1
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

Those teams are decent at football. Welcome to the B1G. If you lose to all the good/decent teams on the schedule you’re probably one of the turds sitting at the bottom of the bowl. 

Yes, they doing what they got to do.  I don't blame them.

I also believe that we are our own worst enemy in football games.  I also believe we trip over ourselves too much that it makes a difference, between losing a game and winning a game. I do give credit to the teams we play who are just running the course.  We make too many mistakes on the field that keeps the games closer than they could be. 

We fail in crunch time.  It shouldn't always get to that point, but when it does we fail to take it over.

I'm not saying we are a bad team.  We are actually pretty dang good.  We have to move into a direction that when opportunity comes, we have to strike. We have to get into the end zone. 

Scores and stops.  Score points and keep points off the board.  It's the difference of 10+ points a game.  What you do in the moment makes all the difference.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2