The thing I still don't get...

Toe

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Okay. Now go down the list of potential coaches for Nebraska, find the one with the worst record, blame it on the program, and sell him back to me as the guy you've chosen over all other options. 

Bill O'Brien went 7-5, 8-4 at Penn St. against weak schedules. Records that have gotten every Nebraska coach in the last 20 years fired. It wasn't Bill O'Brian's fault though. Penn St. at that time was a crap show. No one could have won at Penn St. then. He's really a great coach in hiding, in the mold of Saban and Carrol who had semi successful college coaching careers, tanked in the NFL and then came back to be all world coaches in College. He just needs his chance to enter the college ranks. We're the team to let him do it. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Undone said:

Now if by some complete miracle Alberts has a PROVEN and seasoned Power 5 head coach lined up to come in and take over, I won't be upset if Scott gets canned after this season.

TBH, I pretty much expect Axe Man Alberts to fire Frost no matter what.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost is a former QB.  He wants to pass the ball.

Correction: Frost was an Osborne QB. He ran it more than he passed it.

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Bill O'Brien went 7-5, 8-4 at Penn St. against weak schedules. Records that have gotten every Nebraska coach in the last 20 years fired. It wasn't Bill O'Brian's fault though. Penn St. at that time was a crap show. No one could have won at Penn St. then. He's really a great coach in hiding, in the mold of Saban and Carrol who had semi successful college coaching careers, tanked in the NFL and then came back to be all world coaches in College. He just needs his chance to enter the college ranks. We're the team to let him do it. 

So Bill can win as many games as Frost in half the time? Sounds like solid improvement

• Plus1 2

On 11/2/2021 at 8:11 PM, Born N Bled Red said:

Yup anyone paying attention with any kind of rational thought coming into the season knew there was a real chance that we could be a vastly improved team this year and still end up with a worse record.

I am fine with losses against Oklahoma, Michigan State, Michigan. 

Not fine with losses against Purdue, Illinois and Minnesota if you want to make the argument we are improving. 

Sure it would be nice if we could have played Indiana, Rutgers and Maryland instead of Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State.. but I honestly dont think we win more than a game against those 3 other teams based on how poorly coached we are. 

I could handle a 6-6 year based on the schedule. At this point, we will be lucky to be 4-8. Can we stop with the conjecture we are improving.

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Gotta keep up with the convo Hed. I was asked to make a case for an underwhelming candidate and blame his lack of success on the program he was coaching at. 

Done and delivered. 

Sorry I have been drafting a time sensitive contract all day for a client...yay work

2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I'm Miami and you've convinced me to hire Bill O'Brien instead of Scott Frost. 

• Haha 2