Why I Would Keep Frost For 2022

BIG ERN

24 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I don’t know. At some point, he won’t have Martinez to latch on to, but there will be another. And I like Adrian. But the scouting report is out on him. Once he goes down the well, he’s staying there and things will only get worse.  He is also horrible inside of 2 minutes. 

Frost is slowly fixing the glaring holes, the kicking game is getting better and I think he made some good things there. Special team are almost not horribly tragic. But leaving in a floundering Amart is cruel to everyone, including Adrian. Frost seems to have this mystical idea that Adrian deserves a statement win. It’s like he’s watched too many Disney movies where the hero always wins in the end. 

And if the scouting report out on Adrian, it’s out on Frost too. He’s so predictable. I’ve hated every coaching change. Because I hate the unknown, but I’m perfect with Frost being canned. Won’t be regretful at all because there have been few good moments, almost no great moments and a whole lotta talk. 

The word Frost used today was a redemption game.  I assume this means beating a team(s) down the stretch the Frost and AM have yet to beat.  I am all about the Cinderella story, but you know who needs a redemption win more than AM?  The team....Is it possible we would've beat Minnie or Purdue with Smothers or another QB?  Reality, we will never know.  Because unless AM is knocked out, he will start and continue.....Save AM, but lose the team?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, lo country said:

The word Frost used today was a redemption game.  I assume this means beating a team(s) down the stretch the Frost and AM have yet to beat.  I am all about the Cinderella story, but you know who needs a redemption win more than AM?  The team....Is it possible we would've beat Minnie or Purdue with Smothers or another QB?  Reality, we will never know.  Because unless AM is knocked out, he will start and continue.....Save AM, but lose the team?

Maybe if we beat OSU, Martinez will ride off into the sunset. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

The absolute lack of offensive identity is something that weighs heavy on me on why we should move on. I never expected that. We were to put up points and lose some shootouts. The lack of discipline and player development on the offensive side is the dagger. That was not to happen whatsoever and it has. I was willing to give it a shot and it has just flopped. We need to run the ball and play intimidating defense. The complimentary skill players are then brought in to go from good to great. We built this thing backyards and it painfully shows.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 4
11 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

The absolute lack of offensive identity is something that weighs heavy on me on why we should move on. I never expected that. We were to put up points and lose some shootouts. The lack of discipline and player development on the offensive side is the dagger. That was not to happen whatsoever and it has. I was willing to give it a shot and it has just flopped. We need to run the ball and play intimidating defense. The complimentary skill players are then brought in to go from good to great. We built this thing backyards and it painfully shows.

Look how well Wandale is being utilized (good for him, he made the right call leaving) and all we could do was run him up the middle 20 times a game, hang him out to dry over the middle, and throw bubble screens for negative yards.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

I think that he will be fired at the end of the season, not for just being a s#!tty coach, but because of the NCAA infractions that happened on his watch. There may still be some kind of backroom buyout deal, but doing it now would cost allot less than letting it slide. 

I hope that beating the Hawks (which could very well happen) does not give a false sense of how good they are, or how far they have come, as Iowa is very, very over rated.

2 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

When you are getting your a$$ kicked by teams like Ill, Minn & Purdue who are the "easier" teams on your schedule it's hard to get too excited about how much better next year will be.

Four years of the same crap with a 36.4% winning percentage, I've seen enough.

Exactly

• Plus1 2

I don’t think the fact we have lost close games means we are getting better. We have lost close games for 4 years under Frost. It’s not like it’s something new this year. On paper we have better talent than 9-10 teams we play a year. We win 1/3 of those. So 2/3 of the time the opposing coach makes up for the talent deficit by out coaching Frost. The other 1/3 must be because the gap is so big the other coaches can’t make up talent gap. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

I don’t think anyone on the offensive staff, except possibly Becton, is doing a good job.  That’s why I’m near 100% sure Frost will make changes if he gets a chance to.  But the article told me nothing in regards to potential staff changes.  

I guess time will tell but I still believe that Frost is stubborn and set in his ways. That is why we are in this predicament.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I guess time will tell but I still believe that Frost is stubborn and set in his ways. That is why we are in this predicament.

Couldn’t agree more 

I’ve taken some liking to Billy Napier because he cited getting fired by Dabo was the best thing for his career. He was able to hit the pause button and reflect on what went wrong and how to go forward. I would trust a coach with a high level of self awareness much more than one with only a stubborn ego. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, lo country said:

Great point! +1

3 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Go get Brian Ferentz to coach your team then. He'll be available at the end of the year.

We do not have better talent than 9 out of 10 Big 10 teams!  Show me those players.........We do have better talent today than we had 3 years ago, and I think we are getting more talent and experience.  Talent aside, we need to mental talent right now, whether it be players or coaches.  Fix that first.  Believing we can win first.  Fanbase included. 

So I am still in the camp of giving Frost one more year.  I think at this point were the fools if we fire another coach after 3 or 4 seasons.  At least give him one more year to stop that national image from completely ruining this storied program.  It is now up to Trev.  He has to make this decision and make it work for all sides.  If Trev needs to tell Frost that the scheme and staff are junk try something else then that needs to be said.  I am sure the decision has been made either way.

Trev and the University should make it public sooner than later regardless of which way it goes.  Waiting until the end of the season does no one any good.  Too much speculation is not good either way no matter which side your on.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

nk at this point were the fools if we fire another coach after 3 or 4 seasons.  At least give him one more year to stop that national image from completely ruining this storied program.  It is now up to Trev. 

No we are fools if we keep doing the same thing and expect different results.  Frost has ruined our image. 15 & 26 record doesn’t exactly build up the image. Why give him one more year to tarnish it some more?  If you think firing a 4 year coach with that record is image ruining then you have the wrong opinion in my mind. We have shown great patience and fan loyalty despite the record 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

We do not have better talent than 9 out of 10 Big 10 teams!  Show me those players.........We do have better talent today than we had 3 years ago, and I think we are getting more talent and experience.  Talent aside, we need to mental talent right now, whether it be players or coaches.  Fix that first.  Believing we can win first.  Fanbase included. 

So I am still in the camp of giving Frost one more year.  I think at this point were the fools if we fire another coach after 3 or 4 seasons.  At least give him one more year to stop that national image from completely ruining this storied program.  It is now up to Trev.  He has to make this decision and make it work for all sides.  If Trev needs to tell Frost that the scheme and staff are junk try something else then that needs to be said.  I am sure the decision has been made either way.

Trev and the University should make it public sooner than later regardless of which way it goes.  Waiting until the end of the season does no one any good.  Too much speculation is not good either way no matter which side your on.

You do realize there is 14 teams in the big10. Only 3 teams recruit better than Nebraska. We out recruit everyone else. Typically we play 3 non-con games and 2 of them are powder puff teams. Explain to me how we don’t have better talent than 9-10 of our opponents? We play 12 games this year- Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio state out recruit us. 12-3=9. We don’t always play 2 of the 3 big10 East powers every year and normally don’t have our non con game as talented as Oklahoma. So I bet most years we outrecruit 10-11 of our opponents. Next year is 10

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1