Could Myles Brennan save Frost's job?

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Hypothetically speaking, let's say that Frost reaches out and is able to secure Brennan's commitment for next year. Would that be enough to keep Frost another season?

Heck, even if Frost isn't here, we're gonna need a QB.

I'd rather get Jamey Chadwell and have his QB McCall transfer to NU

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Hypothetically speaking, let's say that Frost reaches out and is able to secure Brennan's commitment for next year. Would that be enough to keep Frost another season?

He would know he’s here for another year before he reaches out.  

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

For some reason LSU message boards seem to think that Frost will be reaching out to Myles Brennan. Gotta admit, he's a solid QB who's had some bad breaks (both figuratively and literally). How ironic would it be if an LSU QB saved Frost's job, after the whole Burrow fiasco?

Frost bringing in a new QB is the only scenario I believe should allow him to try it one more year.

The Athletic Department will need to move fast because picking up a kid and then firing the coach would be pretty awful.  I highly doubt they would allow that to happen.

It is interesting though that even the LSU boards know we need a QB.

56 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No. The time for Frost to make staff and QB changes was after year 2 or year 3. We cannot continue to invest in a guy that has exhibited poor judgment and decision making.  Frost should have known much earlier that he needed someone different than AM.  Plus, I think many of the losses Frost has endured is about more than just one position and I do not believe a new QB is the silver bullet answer to the flaws of Frost's approach. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
16 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

No. The time for Frost to make staff and QB changes was after year 2 or year 3. We cannot continue to invest in a guy that has exhibited poor judgment and decision making.  Frost should have known much earlier that he needed someone different than AM.  Plus, I think many of the losses Frost has endured is about more than just one position and I do not believe a new QB is the silver bullet answer to the flaws of Frost's approach. 

I would have thought much more highly of Frost if he would have gone outside to get his new OC/WR Coach. Someone to challenge his offensive philosophies etc. Instead he hired someone from the exact same offense that looks at everything the way he does. 

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I think were Frost really dropped the ball was not picking up a QB after last season.  I really thought he was going to go after Melton.

It's hard to argue the fact that they haven't produced a back up that they are confident in yet as well.

• Plus1 3

42 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I would have thought much more highly of Frost if he would have gone outside to get his new OC/WR Coach. Someone to challenge his offensive philosophies etc. Instead he hired someone from the exact same offense that looks at everything the way he does. 

Is the offensive philosophy the problem or is it how it is called in the game that is the problem?  I’m leaning toward the latter being the biggest problem.   It’s where I think Lubick can help if he’s given full reins to do so.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Frost bringing in a new QB is the only scenario I believe should allow him to try it one more year.

The Athletic Department will need to move fast because picking up a kid and then firing the coach would be pretty awful.  I highly doubt they would allow that to happen.

It is interesting though that even the LSU boards know we need a QB.

if that's what it takes for frost to come back, and TA signs off on that, then UNL Athletics is in trouble.

• Plus1 3
22 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Is the offensive philosophy the problem or is it how it is called in the game that is the problem?  I’m leaning toward the latter being the biggest problem.   It’s where I think Lubick can help if he’s given full reins to do so.  

Why has our 5 million dollar HC not realized this? Does a good HC need to be told by his AD how to run the program he is paid to run? 

• Plus1 3