Could Myles Brennan save Frost's job?

10 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Frost ghosting Gebbia for a couple weeks when he first started didnt help. But oh well that is in the past. 

Oh, poor Gebbia was the only QB on the roster with potential to start and couldn't beat out a true freshman. He was ghosted so bad :( 

Frost was trying to land a recruiting class at that time, shouldn't have had to coddle a kid who had the inside lane for the starting job and showed no intention of transferring until a week before the season started. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Oh, poor Gebbia was the only QB on the roster with potential to start and couldn't beat out a true freshman. He was ghosted so bad :( 

Frost was trying to land a recruiting class at that time, shouldn't have had to coddle a kid who had the inside lane for the starting job and showed no intention of transferring until a week before the season started. 

Frost only has time to coddle one QB. Two would be asinine. No one has time to coddle two. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, lo country said:

I think this would be another "metric" in the not going to work out column......How can we be in year 4 of a major FBS program and we have nada at QB.  If we were to ask the same question regrading the RB, I think it would have similar comments....

The QB position is set up perfect for a new coach.  The only guy I see that I would keep is Haarberg.  Agreed, he isn't there yet, but I would be bringing in two QB's [a transfer and a freshman] and following that up the next year with the same mojo.  A new coach could/would pull this off.  Frost, no way.

We can go back even further and look at backup QB's under Riley. 

Patrick O'brien - Transfer

Johnny Stanton- Transfer. 

Riley didn't even take a QB in 2015

A.J. Bush - transfer

in this day and age, most teams don't get the luxury of a full QB room. The number 2 guy transfers and you end up with a #1 QB and a #3 QB who is slotted at #2 by default, no transfer who thinks they are capable of starting is going to come in and battle a 3 year starter for the job. 

This is why Frost sticks with Martinez if minorly injured. Injured Martinez is probably as good as a traditional #2. Healthy #2 should still really be #3.

3 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

The QB position is set up perfect for a new coach.  The only guy I see that I would keep is Haarberg.  Agreed, he isn't there yet, but I would be bringing in two QB's [a transfer and a freshman] and following that up the next year with the same mojo.  A new coach could/would pull this off.  Frost, no way.

Sets them up for the same room Frost had. A transfer (Vedral) a freshman (Martinez) and a hold over (Gebbia.) 

24 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

We can go back even further and look at backup QB's under Riley. 

Patrick O'brien - Transfer

Johnny Stanton- Transfer. 

Riley didn't even take a QB in 2015

A.J. Bush - transfer

in this day and age, most teams don't get the luxury of a full QB room. The number 2 guy transfers and you end up with a #1 QB and a #3 QB who is slotted at #2 by default, no transfer who thinks they are capable of starting is going to come in and battle a 3 year starter for the job. 

This is why Frost sticks with Martinez if minorly injured. Injured Martinez is probably as good as a traditional #2. Healthy #2 should still really be #3.

laughs in Illinois backup looking like Tom Brady against us 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

laughs in Illinois backup looking like Tom Brady against us 

Artur Sitkowski 12/15 124 8.3 2 0

Not exactly Tom Brady. Starting QB went out of the game- we sold out to stop the Run against a Beliema team (seems a pretty legit strategy) leaving 12 easy throws for the backup to make. - Backup QB was more competent than expected and got us. Doesn't mean he's a true #2, just means he was better than our strategy gave him credit for. 

• Haha 5
3 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:
Artur Sitkowski 12/15 124 8.3 2 0

Not exactly Tom Brady. Starting QB went out of the game- we sold out to stop the Run against a Beliema team (seems a pretty legit strategy) leaving 12 easy throws for the backup to make. - Backup QB was more competent than expected and got us. Doesn't mean he's a true #2, just means he was better than our strategy gave him credit for. 

correct Tom Brady doesnt complete 80% of his passes. So like 16% better than Brady has in the NFL over his career. Silly me. better than our strategy gave him credit for....so we were out coached. Got it 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Looks like Brennan has some decent company in the portal. Plenty of QBs to choose from.

Buttttttttttttttt  will Frost chose one of these over his hand picked Adrian??    I think to do so( assuming Adrian is coming back for year 5) is to admit a mistake in judgment at this point - mistake on the choices for AM's backups or the QB coach's ability to develop the QB.  OR

- he hitched is wagon too long to one guy 

19 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Buttttttttttttttt  will Frost chose one of these over his hand picked Adrian??    I think to do so( assuming Adrian is coming back for year 5) is to admit a mistake in judgment at this point - mistake on the choices for AM's backups or the QB coach's ability to develop the QB.  OR

- he hitched is wagon too long to one guy 

Don't matter if Frost wants them or not. If Adrian is here, they won't be. Those guys are looking for guaranteed starting roles. Not a competition against a 4 year starter.