Could Myles Brennan save Frost's job?

On 11/2/2021 at 6:23 AM, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

For some reason LSU message boards seem to think that Frost will be reaching out to Myles Brennan. Gotta admit, he's a solid QB who's had some bad breaks (both figuratively and literally). How ironic would it be if an LSU QB saved Frost's job, after the whole Burrow fiasco?

we are in the right situation for a transfer qb.  actually in a good situation for transfer anything if frost comes back.  would make up the recruiting class given most of those players aren't looking to be here long term.

brennan has high end pro arm talent, has had solid showing in limited play time.  his arm, release and accuracy is outstanding.  just needs to actually play in games more. stop getting hurt.  he's not a dual threat, but isn't a statue either.

50 minutes ago, White Flash said:

we are in the right situation for a transfer qb.  actually in a good situation for transfer anything if frost comes back.  would make up the recruiting class given most of those players aren't looking to be here long term.

brennan has high end pro arm talent, has had solid showing in limited play time.  his arm, release and accuracy is outstanding.  just needs to actually play in games more. stop getting hurt.  he's not a dual threat, but isn't a statue either.

You can't put anyone back there behind this line who is less athletic than Martinez. Do you want things to get worse? He would get sacked once per drive.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, runningblind said:

You can't put anyone back there behind this line who is less athletic than Martinez. Do you want things to get worse? He would get sacked once per drive.

Yep. Benhart barely got a fingernail on that guy but Martinez made him miss

• Plus1 1
  • 9 months later...

4 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Wow thats such a shame. I think how Brian Kelly has handled leaving and now this. Not good coach. You preached to him to come back but what im thinking is you had no intentions on making him the starting qb for the team. You should have let him leave. Good luck to you Myles on whatever you choose for your path.

Miles is from a rich established family and is getting married soon. He already has a master’s degree. I think his priorities changed and it’s obvious he’s not going to sniff playing time.  Nothing is guaranteed. No one made him stay. 

I think Kelly’s a dbag but this one’s not on him. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Miles is from a rich established family and is getting married soon. He already has a master’s degree. I think his priorities changed and it’s obvious he’s not going to sniff playing time.  Nothing is guaranteed. No one made him stay. 

I think Kelly’s a dbag but this one’s not on him. 

I believe Brian Kelly had a huge part in him giving him the speech like hey we want you on this team speech when he wanted to go somewhere else to play. Then Daniels brings in another qb from the transfer portal. The writing is on the wall and its too late now to make a decision about your future bc BK put him in a tough position. Thats why B Kelly is a dbag coach.