Huge Dilemma

HANC

11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

National recruiting analyst Tom Lemming called Frazier "the best all-around quarterback I've seen in five years. ... A great ballhandler and runner. A great precision passer. This was said when he signed with Nebraska out of HS. He picked us over Notre Dame and Clemson

Between Dantonio retiring and covid Tucker lots in excess of 30 guys to the portal. 

Okay, maybe Frazier wasn't the best example. I did read that several schools recruited him to play defensive back, and we wanted him as quarterback. 

Anyway, the point remains. As it is now, our recruiting is last in the B1G. Outside of hiring Urban Meyer, I don't see that changing a whole lot. With an option guy, its about athletes, consistency, and repetition. We would be fine for all 3 of those. 

21 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Okay, maybe Frazier wasn't the best example. I did read that several schools recruited him to play defensive back, and we wanted him as quarterback. 

Anyway, the point remains. As it is now, our recruiting is last in the B1G. Outside of hiring Urban Meyer, I don't see that changing a whole lot. With an option guy, its about athletes, consistency, and repetition. We would be fine for all 3 of those. 

We have practically every single year since we joined the B1G finished 3rd-5th in the conference. We just haven't had a coach worth a crap. Heck we currently have 24 4+ star players on our team and we are losing to teams with less than half of that star power. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We have practically every single year since we joined the B1G finished 3rd-5th in the conference. We just haven't had a coach worth a crap. Heck we currently have 24 4+ star players on our team and we are losing to teams with less than half of that star power. 

When I see two dozen 4 star kids, I think 'Good God, what an awesome option team that would make.'

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Also, both Calhoun and Monken are solid coaches. Seriously. 

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

You watched a different game. We weren't struggling to keep it close. We pissed away a lead in the 4th quarter. Those are two different phenomena. 

I mean, NU pretty much got shutout in the second half and needed an onside kick to try and win.  That is sort of the definition of struggling to keep it close, at home, vs a really crappy team.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Bo was 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd.

3 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

See the source image

Personally, I ain't going anywhere. This is my team. I have seen the best and worst from these guys. After 20-plus years of this, now I am going to quit being a Husker fan. Right? Sure. Are you nuts!?

However, if I had the power of the administration of the University of Nebraska and was paying Scott's salary... I would cut him loose. It would end right here.

I assume you are fan as I am and, well, we back whatever is there. We backed Bill, Bo, Mike and Scott just the same. Hoped for the best.

But as an administrator, are you telling me that you would A) Be happy with the product on the field OR B) Have a reasonable expectation things are going to change in the future. My guess is that it would hard to hold the A or B position and that only leaves you with C as in C-ya Later Scott.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

2013 Dantonio 13–1 8–0 1st (Legends) W Rose 3 3
2014 Dantonio 11–2 7–1 2nd (East) W Cotton 5 5
2015 Dantonio 12–2 7–1 T-1st (East) L CFP Semifinal at Cotton 6 6
2016 Dantonio 3–9 1–8 6th (East)      
2017 Dantonio 10–3 7–2 T-2nd (East) W Holiday 16 15
2018 Dantonio 7–6 5-4 4th (East) L Redbox    
2019 Dantonio 7–6 4-5 5th (East) W Pinstripe    
Mark Dantonio: 114–57 (.667) 69–39 (.639)  
Mel Tucker (Big Ten) (2020–present)
2020 Tucker 2–5 2–5 7th (East)      
2021 Tucker 8–0 5–0 1st (East)

The Spartans were only 5 years from a CFP Birth. Given the team he inherited I'd argue, he SEVERLY underperformed in his first year. Making this year's rebound look better. 

So obviously by this logic, Frost should get little credit for his UCF run, since you know UCF was in the FIesta Bowl what three years before his arrival.  FFS, MSU was a raging s#!thole dumpster fire when Tucker got there.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I mean, NU pretty much got shutout in the second half and needed an onside kick to try and win.  That is sort of the definition of struggling to keep it close, at home, vs a really crappy team.

Which also an arguement could be made for the Illinois and MInny games, cause up to the last "hey they made it a 1 score game again" TD drive, those games were not that competitive for long stretches

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Ok yeah and Michigan State was "struggling to keep it close" against us too. LMAO

They were!

Good lord, they did not get a first down in the second half.  They were struggling.

You are not using the " " correctly, it doesn't mean what you think it means.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It's pretty amazing considering Tucker is only in year negative 1. Next years year 0 for him 

Michigan State is not and was not a complete rebuild. They weren't undoing 20+ years of culture destruction or rebuilding an entire strength and conditioning program. Nor were they pushed around in both lines like little patty cake playing pansies for years either. 

Do your thing man, you want to be obtuse and dismissive cuz the facts don't fit your narrative, you do you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

They were!

Good lord, they did not get a first down in the second half.  They were struggling.

You are not using the " " correctly, it doesn't mean what you think it means.

"Struggling to keep it close," would be a team on the verge of a blowout. Not a team engaged in a defensive one score game. That is by definition "keeping it close."