Huge Dilemma

HANC

1 minute ago, Oldhuskerfan said:

At the end of the day this is a systemic problem. You solve one problem another one is there- the proverbial Dutch boy with his finger in the dike problem. Well coached teams in the aggregate don’t have multiple players consistently making those types of errors. 

Yes, the Big 10 kicker of the year suddenly becoming the worst kicker on the team is systemic??? You can't replace the problems if you  don't have quality depth behind them. We are just getting to the point of having quality depth. 

• Haha 1

The reality is look at the data.  In year 4, Frost simply loses better.  hasn't beaten B1G team with a winning record since 2018......If it wasn't Frost, no way in hell that anyone would be having this conversation.  Looking at the optics through his tenure at NU, he is one of the worst coaches in the history of college football.  We have developed limited offensive depth through poor coaching, poor recruiting or transfers,  misses and scheme......Losing guys like Wan'dale and JD speak to internal issues.  

Every team had a Covid year. Every team loses guys.  We have been beaten more times than I can count by the #2 QB or RB.......Red Zone, 1 score games...........Preparation and execution......

If he is kept, how do we get a hot shot staff in here?  If they know Frost is gone in 2023........I'd love to offer Chadwell the job as OC......or Billy Napier........Would they come?  Is a P5 OC a step up from G5 HC?

I just do not know why/how people can spin the complete lack of success in the promise of a better tomorrow.....Maybe Frost shocks the world Sat.  AM finally gets his redemption game....I hope they do.  Because it means my team gets another win...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, lo country said:

The reality is look at the data.  In year 4, Frost simply loses better.  hasn't beaten B1G team with a winning record since 2018......If it wasn't Frost, no way in hell that anyone would be having this conversation.  Looking at the optics through his tenure at NU, he is one of the worst coaches in the history of college football.  We have developed limited offensive depth through poor coaching, poor recruiting or transfers,  misses and scheme......Losing guys like Wan'dale and JD speak to internal issues.  

Every team had a Covid year. Every team loses guys.  We have been beaten more times than I can count by the #2 QB or RB.......Red Zone, 1 score games...........Preparation and execution......

If he is kept, how do we get a hot shot staff in here?  If they know Frost is gone in 2023........I'd love to offer Chadwell the job as OC......or Billy Napier........Would they come?  Is a P5 OC a step up from G5 HC?

I just do not know why/how people can spin the complete lack of success in the promise of a better tomorrow.....Maybe Frost shocks the world Sat.  AM finally gets his redemption game....I hope they do.  Because it means my team gets another win...

"Every team loses guys."- by your own rationale, every team has internal issues

limited offensive depth through poor coaching, poor recruiting or transfers, - WR, TE, looks pretty darn good, RB has some better talent- 2 fixes on the line and I think they'll really shine. - QB I've already detailed not going to do it again go back and read. Line depth takes the longest to fix. We're better than we were at 3 out of 5 spots. 

Just now, Born N Bled Red said:

Yes, the Big 10 kicker of the year suddenly becoming the worst kicker on the team is systemic??? You can't replace the problems if you  don't have quality depth behind them. We are just getting to the point of having quality depth. 

I look at AM his Fresh year. With Pelini and Riley guys....In 2019 he was a pre-season hypesman.  And then reality crashed in.  Oz was gone, Farmer, Stan, Foster etc....And now he is the punchline for meme's and even announcers calling him out.  He is a 3 year captain and 4 year starter. How does this even happen.  This team under Frost defeats every statistical data point predicting wins....To Culp's wow's....injury and complete lack of ST support maybe played into some of this.  Again.  In year 4, not one single guy waiting in the wings.  By your logic, under Frost we will probably suck most times and only do well in every 4-5 years....The D staff has developed guys....The O has not done one thing that makes me competent in their ability to remain here after this season.  Every year, new RB, new receivers......No depth.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Oldhuskerfan said:

At the end of the day this is a systemic problem. You solve one problem another one is there- the proverbial Dutch boy with his finger in the dike problem. Well coached teams in the aggregate don’t have multiple players consistently making those types of errors. 

rumor has it our HC is a dutch boy 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

limited offensive depth through poor coaching, poor recruiting or transfers, - WR, TE, looks pretty darn good, RB has some better talent- 2 fixes on the line and I think they'll really shine. - QB I've already detailed not going to do it again go back and read. Line depth takes the longest to fix. We're better than we were at 3 out of 5 spots. 

youre right despite all logic and historical statistics and trends. I believe that Frost is the next TO

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Every team loses guys, but through recruitment and development doesn't have anyone available to replace say an injured QB....or a punter/kicker (which Frost finally did)

Portal guys.......Beckton as the position coach.

And why was Yant crushing it against Purdue and gets 2 touches in the 2nd half.  Or Betts goes MIA....It is just complete mismanagement across the board.... 

I just don't have your optimism anymore.  I think Frost and Co are completely over their heads in the B1G.  Checkers vs chess....

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The coaching staff put in a backup who hit all his kicks against Purdue.

recruiting and developing players in on the coaching staff, it’s literally part of their job description. Then they have to have the skills to determine who plays.

We have 24. Four star players. Purdue and Illinois have less than ten. It’s a coaching problem. 

13 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

youre right despite all logic and historical statistics and trends. I believe that Frost is the next TO

Well

At the end of Frosts 4 seasons he will have more league losses than Osborne did in 25 seasons. 

if Scott can win 250 league games in a row with no losses over the next 21 seasons he will tie Tom Osborne more or less. That may be kind of tough- but I’m guessing several of the hard core Frost guys will lay out a path. That’s about 13 league wins per season- not sure how he gets there with us winning just 1-3 league games a year right now. 

Yep all it takes is getting another kicker out of the portal, a couple of offensive tackles and another year of Martinez getting coached up by Super Mario and we’re home free. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lo country said:

I look at AM his Fresh year. With Pelini and Riley guys....In 2019 he was a pre-season hypesman.  And then reality crashed in.  Oz was gone, Farmer, Stan, Foster etc....And now he is the punchline for meme's and even announcers calling him out.  He is a 3 year captain and 4 year starter. How does this even happen.  This team under Frost defeats every statistical data point predicting wins....To Culp's wow's....injury and complete lack of ST support maybe played into some of this.  Again.  In year 4, not one single guy waiting in the wings.  By your logic, under Frost we will probably suck most times and only do well in every 4-5 years....The D staff has developed guys....The O has not done one thing that makes me competent in their ability to remain here after this season.  Every year, new RB, new receivers......No depth.

"How does this even happen.?"

Uhm- you explained it pretty well yourself. You lose your whole supporting cast, "Oz was gone, Farmer, Stan, Foster etc," and the guys who came before you forgot to restock the cupboard. 

I mean- pretty obvious- 1+1= 2 type stuff right there. 

8 minutes ago, lo country said:

Every team loses guys, but through recruitment and development doesn't have anyone available to replace say an injured QB....or a punter/kicker (which Frost finally did)

Portal guys.......Beckton as the position coach.

And why was Yant crushing it against Purdue and gets 2 touches in the 2nd half.  Or Betts goes MIA....It is just complete mismanagement across the board.... 

I just don't have your optimism anymore.  I think Frost and Co are completely over their heads in the B1G.  Checkers vs chess....

Frost doesn't comment on injuries does he? Yant roll and ankle or take a shot to the head we don't know about? QB needs time to get the ball to Betts. 

4 minutes ago, Oldhuskerfan said:

Well

At the end of Frosts 4 seasons he will have more league losses than Osborne did in 25 seasons. 

if Scott can win 250 league games in a row with no losses over the next 21 seasons he will tie Tom Osborne more or less. That may be kind of tough- but I’m guessing several of the hard core Frost guys will lay out a path. That’s about 13 league wins per season- not sure how he gets there 

Yeah but he played QB in the 90's. He is returning us to dominance, cant you see? ALL we need is 2 All American linemen and a NFL kicker and punter. 

8 minutes ago, Oldhuskerfan said:

The coaching staff put in a backup who hit all his kicks against Purdue.

recruiting and developing players in on the coaching staff, it’s literally part of their job description. Then they have to have the skills to determine who plays.

We have 24. Four star players. Purdue and Illinois have less than ten. It’s a coaching problem. 

Youth vs. experience- Its why 18 year olds don't play in the NFL. It's a talent or unmatured talent problem that's been masked by coaching. 

I look at this a lot differently than everyone else. 

There are only a few guys I want in Lincoln: Jeff Monken, Troy Calhoun, Brent Thompson, or Urban Meyer. Yes, I am willing to sell my soul for him.

It's option football (or Urban-ball), or die. Nothing else will bring us back.

Bill O'Brien? Gag me. Callahan 2.0

Aranda? Maybe, but as much or more of a risk than Frost

Campbell? Who knows if his stuff works in the B1G?

Chadwell? Maybe, but again, it's a risk.

Basically, it's as big or more of risk to fire Frost and hire anyone else. If we fire Frost, whatever recruiting classes we have in the next few years would be gutted. The guys we DO have would be hitting the portal by the dozens.

I actually think Frost can put it together next year with an easier schedule, maybe a healthy Martinez, or different quarterback. Maybe we build momentum going forward after that. If we fire him for another up-and-comer, we'll be left in the same lurch as '04 and '15, but longer, and worse. So far, we've been IN the games. Fire Frost? We MIGHT win 3, if we're lucky for the next 2 years while the next staff tries yet ANOTHER pro/spread scheme, losing recruiting battles against OSU, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Penn State. Another 2 at least before we're even as competitive as we are now. No thanks.

Keep Frost. Unless we can get Monken, Calhoun, Thompson, or Urb.

• Plus1 2