Some more crazy stats on the Huskers under Frost

2 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Luck rating over Frost tenure:

2018…74th

2019…114th

2020…118th

2021…130th (dead last & worst ever recorded!)

“Champions make their own luck”- Vince Lombardi

But we are so close to getting over that mythical luck hump.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Most of the stats that Dirk lists here have been bad or worse for the past 20 years though.  How do you explain that.  We've had 5 different coaches and Turnover margin has sucked badly.  Special teams ratings have sucked badly.  All of that shows that something is systemically broken within Husker football, and 5 coaches have yet to get it fixed. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  (and yes I'm fully aware that argument can be made against keeping Frost next year as well)  I get it.  most of you are done with Frost.  I can see that point, but there is much more at play here than just the record.  And I truly hope that if a decision is made either way that it is made with the best intentions of the Husker program and not because of looking at ONLY the W/L record.

I would point to the two data points about Luck and see the other two really bad ratings and see what happens the next year.

You can take that paragraph and argue that indeed Frost is closer than the standings indicate. That once his team breaks through mentally, the record will improve dramatically. Paul Johnson followed his 3-9 season at Georgia Tech with 9-4. Brian Kelly followed his 4-8 season with 10-3 in 2017, then 12-1.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, soup said:

You can take that paragraph and argue that indeed Frost is closer than the standings indicate. That once his team breaks through mentally, the record will improve dramatically. Paul Johnson followed his 3-9 season at Georgia Tech with 9-4. Brian Kelly followed his 4-8 season with 10-3 in 2017, then 12-1.

But Scott Frost followed his 5-7 season with 3 more losing seasons…

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, soup said:

And I also think the break through mentally can happen next year.  IF there are tweaks on the asst coaching staff.

The Frost "luck factor" has been terrible for 4 years.  That's a trend!  I keep on hearing "make tweaks to the assistant coaching staff" but the head coach establishes the culture, the little things, and the attention to detail.  All of that has sucked under Frost.  Expecting that to change with "new assistant coaches" is foolish.

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Luck rating over Frost tenure:

2018…74th

2019…114th

2020…118th

2021…130th (dead last & worst ever recorded!)

“Champions make their own luck”- Vince Lombardi

And getting worse each year.  Is this more time with the "no fear of failure mantra".  In an interview with Beckton he mentioned guys not giving that extra inch like 5-6 times per game.  And that's why we are 3-6 not 7+ in the win category....I think in year 4, it appears the staff is unsure how to fix these.  Almost wonder if that was Beckton saying he realizes the issues, but other coaches do not...or can't fix...I know I'm grasping, but damn....

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

And getting worse each year.  Is this more time with the "no fear of failure mantra".  In an interview with Beckton he mentioned guys not giving that extra inch like 5-6 times per game.  And that's why we are 3-6 not 7+ in the win category....I think in year 4, it appears the staff is unsure how to fix these.  Almost wonder if that was Beckton saying he realizes the issues, but other coaches do not...or can't fix...I know I'm grasping, but damn....

I guess the good news is it can’t get worse as far as these rankings go

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
8 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

But Scott Frost followed his 5-7 season with 3 more losing seasons…

And he increasingly comes across as someone who doesn't know what the answers are to getting to that breakout season. His last post game interview was evidence of this. 

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I guess the good news is it can’t get worse as far as these rankings go

That's where I am at.  This article, the one comparing him to his peers, the one talking about 1 score losses......Frost is dead last or in the bottom 3 in every category.  I mean like he could now (looking at NU time) as one of the worst HC's in football history......Dude statistically is an anomaly.  How can you be this bad year in and year out with the production we have.......And out talent.....I think he and the staff are in over their heads.  I think it's also scheme, play calling, lack of development, lack of accountability, etc.......I just don't know how Frost can get it fixed.  We seem to be getting worse as we progress....

• Plus1 2