FBS schools spent over $533.6 million in dead money over 10+ years

knapplc

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

What are you talking about?  I don't get mad at pro athletes making a lot of $. In my mind, the best people at what they do deserve to make a lot of $. People pay $ to sporting events because it's entertainment for them. I'm sure people don't want to pay to see me sit at my desk, going through spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations. 

I wasn't saying you do, I was saying people do. I was agreeing with you and expanding on it.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Does anyone really get mad at the constant payout of these coaches?  I mean it would help if NU would actually hire a good coach for once, but as others have stated above, it's the cost of doing business in today's college football.

Not mad, just More of an insult to injury type thing. It conveys the fact we are incapable of functioning as a stable, winning organization and are wasting money due to incompetence of the coach, or the leadership above. We spent a bunch of money and we still suck. 

The cheap man always ends up paying for the same thing twice; in our case 3 or 4 times instead of just going out and buying the real deal and settling on a budget model. What if we used that $ for an actual elite Coach and assistants? 

• Plus1 1