Trev’s Big Decision - SSO Article Herbie's Hangout

5 hours ago, Scarlet said:

That doesn't seem to jibe with SSO''s line that "all will be well in Huskerland" though.  If they announce he is being retained this board will meltdown for one.

There's gotta be more to it than that.  

Based on what I listened to today, Scott Frost has a better than 80% of being retained

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

You see what you get. Retain him and we will get the same results next year. Whether we lose by one possession or not everything falls on the head coach’ shoulder. He is just not a power 5 level head coach and everyone is foolish to think otherwise. A real P5 coach doesn’t lose to inferior opponents (Troy, Purdue, Covid Minny, the list goes on.)

This isn’t personal it’s business. And the decision is not a tough one for Trev.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Just now, Dansker said:

You see what you get. Retain him and we will get the same results next year. Whether we lose by one possession or not everything falls on the head coach’ shoulder. He is just not a power 5 level head coach and everyone is foolish to think otherwise. A real P5 coach doesn’t lose to inferior opponents (Troy, Purdue, Covid Minny, the list goes on.)

This isn’t personal it’s business. And the decision is not a tough one for Trev.

Exactly.

It is not the close losses...it is the close losses to the garbage teams.

A lot of you hated Bo because, well because you are weird and think he should be blowing you but also because of the blowouts.  But Bo beat the crap teams, which is what you need to do.

Frost can't beat good teams or bad teams.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Exactly.

It is not the close losses...it is the close losses to the garbage teams.

A lot of you hated Bo because, well because you are weird and think he should be blowing you but also because of the blowouts.  But Bo beat the crap teams, which is what you need to do.

Frost can't beat good teams or bad teams.

Firing Bo was the dumbest thing we ever did. He pumped guys into the NFL even non Callahan recruits. It’s too bad he didn’t have the support from leadership that Frost (allegedly) does. They sort of rolled out the red carpet for Scott. And now they (higher ups) are idiotic.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, Dansker said:

Firing Bo was the dumbest thing we ever did. He pumped guys into the NFL even non Callahan recruits. It’s too bad he didn’t have the support from leadership that Frost (allegedly) does. They sort of rolled out the red carpet for Scott. And now they (higher ups) are idiotic.

I mean really TO runs the athletic department. Former players at AD and Assoc AD and HC. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Dansker said:

Yeah that is pretty obvious. He needs to just walk away. It would be better for the program. Unfortunately we all know Trev has his ear, too.

Frost makes a call to Trev and says hey Trev, these are little things that Scott needs to do to turn these into Ws he just needs another year. 

12 minutes ago, Dansker said:

Common man, I know times are tough now but Bo needed to go, it was borderline mutual. His replacement was by far the dumber move.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I really have no opinion anymore. I don’t think Frost sucks. Idk. I’m also not super excited about our future. Purgatory I guess. 

If Frost stays, you give him a contract extension to be able to bring in a competent staff and hire a home run OC.  If he gets the extension, say another 3 years I'd reach out to Chadwell or Napier.  no extension?  Tom Herman

With no extension it'd be hard to get anyone here.

Also, If Frost changes staff you automatically get another year with the "new staff, new scheme" excuse

AM leaves-You get the excuse of developing another QB

Lost a lot on defense...another year to "rebuild"

Keeping Frost in 2022 guarantees he stays until 2023.  Unless  he brings back entire staff. Then maybe he just gets 2022...