Trev’s Big Decision - SSO Article Herbie's Hangout

21 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I really have no opinion anymore. I don’t think Frost sucks. Idk. I’m also not super excited about our future. Purgatory I guess. 

Frost made 2 mistakes today. Calling for a QB sweep when Adrian was hobbling around, and trying for a FG sitting at 4th and 4 down by 6. Other than that? Eh.

• Plus1 2

If our head coach was not a former player, Trev would not really have a big decision.  He is overseeing a program where the head coach has had a losing season and missed a bowl game every year and has one power 5 win in his 4th year as head coach.  If we had hired Tom Herman, Chip Kelly or some other HC there would be no doubt that Trev would be changing head coaches.  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don’t think he should be fired, but also hasn’t done enough to be retained. We are really in that annoying sweet spot. 

For me it's not just about today's game but the full 4 years of poor judgment and decision making by Frost.  It's amazing that some want to continue to make excuses for Frost because he is a former player or they have an emotional connection with him.  Every aspect of this program we have seen this year is a result of decisions he has made.  All of the assistants we have and all of the players we have were his decision.  All of the schemes we run were his decision.  In football there are 3 facets:  offense, defense and special teams, and the only area we have improved in 3 years is on defense.  It seems to me some fans love Frost more than the program itself and we should all be able to separate the two entities.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
36 minutes ago, lo country said:

If Frost stays, you give him a contract extension to be able to bring in a competent staff and hire a home run OC.  If he gets the extension, say another 3 years I'd reach out to Chadwell or Napier.  no extension?  Tom Herman

With no extension it'd be hard to get anyone here.

Also, If Frost changes staff you automatically get another year with the "new staff, new scheme" excuse

AM leaves-You get the excuse of developing another QB

Lost a lot on defense...another year to "rebuild"

Keeping Frost in 2022 guarantees he stays until 2023.  Unless  he brings back entire staff. Then maybe he just gets 2022...

Do away with his current contract replacing it with a 1 year contract. There's an adjustment to scheme and upgrades to the staff. Then we can discuss extensions at the conclusion of the season and proceed depending upon how that works out. 

Giggle giggle 

33 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Honestly after today's performance I would be okay with keeping Scott but I really really really want Tom Herman to be the offensive coordinator. The TV announcers said that Scott said we couldn't recruit Texas anymore. Well, would help with that

i think herman's next stop will be as a hfc unless he gets an oc gig in the league.

wouldn't mind herman as our hc.

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Honestly after today's performance I would be okay with keeping Scott but I really really really want Tom Herman to be the offensive coordinator. The TV announcers said that Scott said we couldn't recruit Texas anymore. Well, would help with that

i like frost and i like the way the team gets up for big games, but he's gotta take one from wisc or iowa.

if he stays, he's gotta hit the transfer portal hard.

• Plus1 1

Herman interest gaining momentum. Seems like a bridge to improving the program and would inject some life into the program. He knows offense and QB’s.  If Frost is our figurehead top guy and long term answer (not sure he is) then swing big and make Herman your your OC and QB coach. He’s a freaking analyst right now, so make him an offer. He knows TX and OH which we need recruiting pipelines into. I know there are arguments well maybe he is the next head guy at TCU? Colorado? Not sure where but he is a really good regional guy for us. Maybe he doesn’t want another head gig? 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Herman interest gaining momentum. Seems like a bridge to improving the program and would inject some life into the program. He knows offense and QB’s.  If Frost is our figurehead top guy and long term answer (not sure he is) then swing big and make Herman your your OC and QB coach. He’s a freaking analyst right now, so make him an offer. He knows TX and OH which we need recruiting pipelines into. I know there are arguments well maybe he is the next head guy at TCU? Colorado? Not sure where but he is a really good regional guy for us. Maybe he doesn’t want another head gig? 

This makes sense, but I can’t do a 5th year of AM

5 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Herman has an ego. He’s not coming to work under another offensive coach. He will have better options as well. 

• Plus1 1