Trev’s Big Decision - SSO Article Herbie's Hangout

3 hours ago, Dansker said:

Gotta disagree with you on this. 4 straight LOSING seasons does not call for a contract extension. If it were me I’d fire him with cause due to the NCAA investigation and then there would be no buyout. It’ll take Frost twice as long as it did Frank to get over it which I think he never really did. This is a results driven business.

If he had a winning season in year 1 or 2,  I’d agree and be on board for making some changes with his assistants. He is not going to do that now. He doesn’t deserve a redo. He’s proven he’s a terrible coach who wasn’t ready to lead a major football program. He is way too loyal to assistants.

Maybe that’s because he wants stability but sometimes you’ve got to take a step back and think about what’s not working. He needs to get over his big ego and take a look in the mirror. He’s definitely coaching for his job if from what I’ve heard he may be on the chopping block already.

I agree with your post as I work in a results driven organization where those that do not produce, even of they are a bosses favorite, must lose their job. 

The one word that I struggle with related to Frost is Trust. He had had so many opportunities to make staff changes, personnel changes, scheme changes, etc... yet he has chosen to stay loyal to his staff and players despite them underperforming.  Why should fans trust that this will be different next year when Frost has been stubborn the prior 4 years. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree with your post as I work in a results driven organization where those that do not produce, even of they are a bosses favorite, must lose their job. 

The one word that I struggle with related to Frost is Trust. He had had so many opportunities to make staff changes, personnel changes, scheme changes, etc... yet he has chosen to stay loyal to his staff and players despite them underperforming.  Why should fans trust that this will be different next year when Frost has been stubborn the prior 4 years. 

Why would we trust him with hiring decisions also? If you force him to make changes, but let him choose, bow will that go? You also can't hire guys for him so that leaves a logical choice....

That said, I am convinced he will be kept. I am also becoming convinced he won't be asked to make changes and he won't make any on his own. He truly believes this is close as is.

Just now, runningblind said:

Why would we trust him with hiring decisions also? If you force him to make changes, but let him choose, bow will that go? You also can't hire guys for him so that leaves a logical choice....

That said, I am convinced he will be kept. I am also becoming convinced he won't be asked to make changes and he won't make any on his own. He truly believes this is close as is.

Its trusting his decision making and judgment. It was obvious after season 2 he needed to make more changes yet he kept most of his staff and has stuck by AM for 4 years. I do not feel I can trust him to right the ship.

54 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Without another win this season Frost will have the lowest win percentage in a season since 1957. We better keep him another year. 

It's like a person suffering terrible constipation weekly...We're alllmost there!  Lol I hope he gets it together.

On 11/5/2021 at 6:31 PM, Decoy73 said:

You’ve previously stated that it won’t necessarily matter, and I get the reasoning for that, but with that being said.  Do you see significant changes on the offensive side of the ball occurring this off-season?  

Whether it be coaching and/or transfers, especially at QB?

Your message is focused entirely at the tactical level when the issues are strategic in nature.  Bringing in a new position coach or two, or a position transfer is not going to alter our current course.  Case in point, Toure has been an outstanding transfer addition and yet, his stats will be completely lost as part of a 3-9 season.  

On the other hand, and for those who now watch Kentucky football, Wandale is a significant contributor to a team that is 6-3.  He had 13 catches last night alone!!!  I kept wondering when Coach Stoops might put him in the backfield and run him between the tackles.  Unfortunately, he failed to follow the successful Frost model.  

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Your message is focused entirely at the tactical level when the issues are strategic in nature.  Bringing in a new position coach or two, or a position transfer is not going to alter our current course.  Case in point, Toure has been an outstanding transfer addition and yet, his stats will be completely lost as part of a 3-9 season.  

On the other hand, and for those who now watch Kentucky football, Wandale is a significant contributor to a team that is 6-3.  He had 13 catches last night alone!!!  I kept wondering when Coach Stoops might put him in the backfield and run him between the tackles.  Unfortunately, he failed to follow the successful Frost model.  

Wandale is putting up huge numbers, but there are grumblings from Kentucky fans that too much of the offense is now focused on Wandale, especially as they have lost 3 games in a row. 

19 hours ago, Scarlet said:

After watching the post game presser that does not look like a guy who is at all worried about his job.  The big announcement isn't going to be about a coaching change, at least the head coach.

You’ve got it backwards. He’s excited to collect his payout, get out of here and move on.

6 minutes ago, Dansker said:

You’ve got it backwards. He’s excited to collect his payout, get out of here and move on.

That's quite the cynical take.  Like a professional wants to fail.  Whatever people think of his coaching chops only a complete tool starts a job and looks forward to failure.  

On 11/5/2021 at 8:20 PM, Decoy73 said:

That’s my interpretation too, but I think timing seems off with this theory.  Like they announce the home run hire and then “oh and by the way HCSF won’t be back.”   Both the fire and the hire in the same press release would be pretty unprecedented.  

So I looked around on Herbie's Hangout a little more and someone asked SSO "who is it not good for if we don't hear anything in 72 hours."

SSO replied:

I think if we don’t hear anything it’s not good for Frost and his staff

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Of course it is bad if there is no announcement.

I am sure Trev has been working behind closed doors to see who he can get.  

Here is what I see doing behind the scenes:

1)  Checking with various agents to get an interest level on coaches who would be candidates to replace Frost

2)  Doing his best to hold off Regents and the President University to come out with ANY type of announcement before the end of the season.  Any announcement before the end of the season could go against Trev.  NU could still win it's last 2 games, just as easy as it could win its last 2 games (I do realize winning at Wisconsin will be very tough, as they are playing great football).  If I were Trev, I would want to have all the data points (games) available before making the final decision.

Of course, this will all blow up in my face as an announcement could be made later today.

• Plus1 2