Trev’s Big Decision - SSO Article Herbie's Hangout

1 hour ago, Jeremy said:

Personally, I want Jeff Monken or Troy Calhoun. I believe that style of football would immediately set us apart from the rest of the conference, help the defense, and give us a chance, almost immediately, to win the West. But that's just me

So what did you think of that army/air force overtime game on Saturday?   I only saw a few of the replays.   I liked what I saw.  

Question: with the OL problems/development we have had, will the offenses run by Chadwall (Costal Carolina), Monken and Calhoun allow  us to move away to 

zone blocking to a different type of blocking technique that will allow our line to be more successful?  If so, please explain.   We need vast improvement wt the OL. 

I just really want to know what is going through Frost's mind right now about how he really feels about Greg Austin's performance this season.

Scott has had the guts to fire three coaches so far. So it's not like he's afraid to can somebody.

Really seems like poor blocking has screwed us as much as anything. And we're 50th in the country in rushing yards per game, whereas we had been averaging 28th the past three seasons.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Undone said:

I just really want to know what is going through Frost's mind right now about how he really feels about Greg Austin's performance this season.

Scott has had the guts to fire three coaches so far. So it's not like he's afraid to can somebody.

Really seems like poor blocking has screwed us as much as anything. And we're 50th in the country in rushing yards per game, whereas we had been averaging 28th the past three seasons.

Not sure I trust Frost's evaluation of staff. Was our offensive line good the last 3 years? Cause if memory serves me right he promoted Austin to Run Game Coordinator last year. With a run game coordinator on staff I guess I would have expected a relevant run game.

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

With a run game coordinator on staff I guess I would have expected a relevant run game.

Exactly, that's it. That's what I'm asking; is Frost thinking "Well they're young linemen so I kind of expected this."

Or is he thinking "Greg should have done better with what he's got to work with."

??

19 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Not sure I trust Frost's evaluation of staff. Was our offensive line good the last 3 years? Cause if memory serves me right he promoted Austin to Run Game Coordinator last year. With a run game coordinator on staff I guess I would have expected a relevant run game.

That's the thing: at times in the last few years, the line has made decent progress. But then every time they take a step forward, they fall flat on their face again. And that repeated regression is more alarming than anything. Sure, some of it has followed injuries, and some of it has followed guys graduating/leaving for the NFL, but you're always going to have that to some extent.

At times we've had a decent core of starters, but after four years Austin has completely failed to establish a pipeline to replace them when they're gone, and it's bit us in the a$$ again and again.