Trev’s Big Decision - SSO Article Herbie's Hangout

My understanding is that the decision is not Trev Albert's alone. At least there's considerable input from others. There's a good chance that they're as divided us, thus no definitive decision made.

They agree that making a decision sooner rather than later is the best option. A let's see how this game goes and that will make the determination based on how well the team performs. It might be entailing what changes Scott's willing to make (or has reluctance to). If there's a mass departure of fans from the stadium in the third or fourth quarters, that's one of the factors. Something like that. 

Another possibility is that  the NCAA's investigation is complete. I don't want to suggest that it's more than it is though it's clearly something. 

I still think he'll be retained. There's legitimate arguments on both sides. Lots of reasons to be disappointed and angry. If Scott Frost is dismissed, we'd better have a solid option lined up quickly that doesn't involve a prolonged search. 

30 minutes ago, lo country said:

The allure of Clawson is he has coached quite a bit.  Has rebuilt programs and turned them around.  Winston Salem is a decent spot.  But nothing fancy.  It’s hard to recruit to considering UNC, NCST and Duke are 1.5 hours away.  Clemson 3.5, USC 2.5......Have t had this steady of success in quite some times.  He can develop players and does some twists on the RPO game.  Unsure what he could/would do at at place like NU with more prospects and amenities......He would be a steady stable coach.  Well liked by the team and community.....Unsure if we would ever win the B1G with him, but we would contend for the West.  

I respectfully disagree. Nothing about him impresses me. Like the saying goes, the sun shines on even a dog's a$$ some days. 

58 minutes ago, teachercd said:

To the Frost lovers...my question is why, why do you want him back?  If your best answer is "I don't want another coaching search" then you don't need to reply.

Also, any Froster that wanted Bo gone because he got "blown out" in games...you also don't need to reply. 

The "we can't keep hiring new coaches or we will keep losing" take is pretty stupid.  We're losing right now at a clip not seen in 60 years.  60! Does any other big program just accept that? Not if they want to have continued revenue.  You've got to try to improve things if you expect anything to change.  I know most people aren't Einstein but they can at least read things he said.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

The "we can't keep hiring new coaches or we will keep losing" take is pretty stupid.  We're losing right now at a clip not seen in 60 years.  60! Does any other big program just accept that? Not if they want to have continued revenue.  You've got to try to improve things if you expect anything to change.  I know most people aren't Einstein but they can at least read things he said.

It is such a silly take!

Like, somehow the next coach would be worse for some reason, you know what, the next coach might suck so you know what you do, hire a new guy.

You do it until you get it right.  Look at Clemson...Bama went through like 5 coaches after Stallings, Michigan is still searching, USC is searching, you keep trying and trying.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

To the Frost lovers...my question is why, why do you want him back?  If your best answer is "I don't want another coaching search" then you don't need to reply.

Also, any Froster that wanted Bo gone because he got "blown out" in games...you also don't need to reply. 

Everyone has explained it already. Just like all you who want him gone have stated that 100 times over. We get it. Lol

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I respectfully disagree. Nothing about him impresses me. Like the saying goes, the sun shines on even a dog's a$$ some days. 

No worries.  Here is a great read about him.  Give it a read.  Might not change your mind, but will give you appreciation for what he has done....Trust me, it's remarkable.  Ever been to Winston? or Wake?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32542085/dave-clawson-created-college-football-version-moneyball-wake-forest

Sent as many guys in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the draft as Texas since 2015.....Kenneth Walker III?  Started at Wake. Transferred this spring....

8 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This seem odd to anyone else?... IDK what OSU teaches us minus us winning or us losing in historic fashion. He's indicating a decision will be made after OSU? Is it a bowl thing, like Frost needed to be 6-6? Seems to me losing this but beating Wisconsin and Iowa would definitely give Frost another year. Also should get a statement meaning there may have already been a decision to retain him?

Not sure if this guy is blowing smoke or knows stuff

I had this planned for the bye week, but i’m hearing we should probably get a statement in the next 72 hours. If we get one, all is well in Husker land. If it’s radio silent… not good.

Yeah I hate this cryptic s#!t but the only thing I can think of that needs to be cryptic and would make "all well in Huskerland' is an announcement of a home run hire.  If it's radio silence then whoever that might have been declined and we have no other options on the hook.  That's "not good".

Keeping Frost would not make "all is well in Huskerland" because we'd still be wondering what the end was going to be.  Firing Frost without having a great hire in the fold isn't going to make all well either. 

Unless it has to do with the NCAA violations but then that doesn't really have anything to do with SSO's take 

20 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Yeah I hate this cryptic s#!t but the only thing I can think of that needs to be cryptic and would make "all well in Huskerland' is an announcement of a home run hire.  If it's radio silence then whoever that might have been declined and we have no other options on the hook.  That's "not good".

That’s my interpretation too, but I think timing seems off with this theory.  Like they announce the home run hire and then “oh and by the way HCSF won’t be back.”   Both the fire and the hire in the same press release would be pretty unprecedented.  

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

That’s my interpretation too, but I think timing seems off with this theory.  Like they announce the home run hire and then “oh and by the way HCSF won’t be back.”   Both the fire and the hire in the same press release would be pretty unprecedented.  

Yeah I agree. After I hit send I thought, "wait that doesn't work either".  

16 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

The announcement of being retained makes the most sense. Followed by the bye week. This accomplishes two things. The coaches recruiting won't be compromised by the not knowing if Scott will be remaining. Plus, there's the added benefit of a potential firing being a distraction to the team for the remainder of the season. 

Unless of course and interim is being installed. 

Scott's seemed pretty happy/confident this week, almost as though of being relieved. But that doesn't explain just two days ago they said no decision had been made. At least a final one anyway. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, lo country said:

Rumor from another board is that announcer coming this weekend.  No details other than Frost is being kept.....

In all seriousness, though...  This seems odds too.  If all they're doing is announcing that he's to be kept, why wait?  Just send out the statement now.  Unless they want to make sure OSU doesn't get ugly? Maybe?  But, at this point if they base anything off of the OSU score, then that would be pretty ridiculously stupid.  

Something seems off...Maybe we'll know more by Monday...

• Plus1 2