Trev’s Big Decision - SSO Article Herbie's Hangout

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

It is such a silly take!

Like, somehow the next coach would be worse for some reason, you know what, the next coach might suck so you know what you do, hire a new guy.

You do it until you get it right.  Look at Clemson...Bama went through like 5 coaches after Stallings, Michigan is still searching, USC is searching, you keep trying and trying.

That's cool.  But give them a one year deal tho. ;)

Or 2 (to change culture)

Or 3 (to get their guys)

Or Year 4 (ugghhh, fire him! Get anyone else in here, and at least try! Anybody!  until you get it right)

50 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

And Trev negotiated with the BIG to lift the "Dont let Nebraska win embargo." Thus every call the rest of the year will go our way and we will win out. :dumdum

Haha.  Don't lie.  There was some truth in that statement!.  Hell, I'd be happy with at least allowing some holding calls tp go our way on defense....

• Plus1 3

At this point, I see two scenarios were Frost is retained. Scenario 1: the Huskers go 3-0 in their next three games and we get to 6-6 and go bowling. Scenario 2: the Huskers lose a close one to Ohio State but win convincingly against Wisconsin and Iowa and somehow back into a bowl game at 5-7 and win that game. Any other outcome makes it very difficult for Trev to justify retaining Frost for another year. As for who would come to Nebraska, anyone would if you pay them their worth. In fact, the bar is so low right now that any coach who goes 8-4 next season would be hailed a hero. I still believe that The Nebraska Brand holds some weight and many would see this job as a great opportunity. We just need to get the right person who can adjust to BiG 10 football. I am praying for Scenario 1. Go Big Red!

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, lo country said:

Rumor from another board is that announcer coming this weekend.  No details other than Frost is being kept.....

That doesn't seem to jibe with SSO''s line that "all will be well in Huskerland" though.  If they announce he is being retained this board will meltdown for one.

There's gotta be more to it than that.  

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, lo country said:

Rumor from another board is that announcer coming this weekend.  No details other than Frost is being kept.....

Good. I don’t much care if kept or shown door. I feel there are compelling arguments for either. I do feel the noise surrounding it all is more harmful at this point than a decision on 2022 coach either way. Announcement that he stays may go down with many like a rotten turd, but it will halt the vitriol and allow everybody to come to terms with the reality. Frost could have halted all of this by being a more successful coach. But if he’s not going to do it, it’s on Trev to nip this mess in the bud. 

• Plus1 1

First Trev said that you can't make an evaluation off of 1-2 games [that was eight games into the season and wiped out the previous three seasons].  He said he would do his evaluation after the season [which makes political sense].  So, he has no reason nor should he make any statement to either affirm Frost or judge Frost until after the season.  For me, if he does so, he's just being dishonest with what his view really is and for his own reasonings won't share it.

15 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

First Trev said that you can't make an evaluation off of 1-2 games [that was eight games into the season and wiped out the previous three seasons].  He said he would do his evaluation after the season [which makes political sense].  So, he has no reason nor should he make any statement to either affirm Frost or judge Frost until after the season.  For me, if he does so, he's just being dishonest with what his view really is and for his own reasonings won't share it.

There is potentially 3 involved in the "consensus decision".  Maybe they have decided a statement needs to come sooner or later.  As a fan, I say let's see what happens the remaining 3 games.  The guys come out and play like the are doing it to save Frost and Co it will show.  The staff finally (after 3+ years) figured out how to make the 5-6 miscues/game (per Beckton) go away and we go 3-3 or 2-3, then perhaps there is or needs to be a conversation.  They go 0-3, you can say the kids "don't believe", recruiting will get worse, staff has checked out, can't get further than "this close" and not one person, fan, pundit or casual observer will say it was wrong to let him go.....

14 minutes ago, lo country said:

There is potentially 3 involved in the "consensus decision".  Maybe they have decided a statement needs to come sooner or later.  As a fan, I say let's see what happens the remaining 3 games.  The guys come out and play like the are doing it to save Frost and Co it will show.  The staff finally (after 3+ years) figured out how to make the 5-6 miscues/game (per Beckton) go away and we go 3-3 or 2-3, then perhaps there is or needs to be a conversation.  They go 0-3, you can say the kids "don't believe", recruiting will get worse, staff has checked out, can't get further than "this close" and not one person, fan, pundit or casual observer will say it was wrong to let him go.....

As I understand it, Trev if the "face" to the three voices.  Prior, he choose to shape the conversation as "there are only 1-2 games to make an evaluation".  Okay, fine.  That is not true.  I would call it a "white-lie" at best.  But okay, I'll play the game.  It's more than obvious that rather than express concern or show a lack of support for Frost [it's like when they gave him the two-year extension ... showing "support" to prop up his failings] during the season ... then Trev choose to shape the words the way he did.  That's all find and good.  

So, since, he has been given the leeway ... and we defer all judgment/evaluation until after the season.  Okay, good.  That's fine.  I am with and it sounds like they will make a "statement".  They will do so to "float" what they want.  This is all for their advantage.   They could just let it play out ... as you suggest.  But they won't because their is a view they wish to push [as I see it].  

The only sane thing for me [as one who feels emotionally abused] is to give my own "kickback" toward the whole BS of it all.  In fact, there is a part of my thinking that sees that Remember The Titans scene where the defensive coach says, "Run it up Herman!  Leave No Doubt!!"  For me, it feels like I'm wanting and cheering for OSU in that.  This is all because of the "way" the words are being shaped to support their [the three voices] view.

It would be nice to just not care.  It all just sucks and has been a big disappointment.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

As I understand it, Trev if the "face" to the three voices.  Prior, he choose to shape the conversation as "there are only 1-2 games to make an evaluation".  Okay, fine.  That is not true.  I would call it a "white-lie" at best.  But okay, I'll play the game.  It's more than obvious that rather than express concern or show a lack of support for Frost [it's like when they gave him the two-year extension ... showing "support" to prop up his failings] during the season ... then Trev choose to shape the words the way he did.  That's all find and good.  

So, since, he has been given the leeway ... and we defer all judgment/evaluation until after the season.  Okay, good.  That's fine.  I am with and it sounds like they will make a "statement".  They will do so to "float" what they want.  This is all for their advantage.   They could just let it play out ... as you suggest.  But they won't because their is a view they wish to push [as I see it].  

The only sane thing for me [as one who feels emotionally abused] is to give my own "kickback" toward the whole BS of it all.  In fact, there is a part of my thinking that sees that Remember The Titans scene where the defensive coach says, "Run it up Herman!  Leave No Doubt!!"  For me, it feels like I'm wanting and cheering for OSU in that.  This is all because of the "way" the words are being shaped to support their [the three voices] view.

It would be nice to just not care.  It all just sucks and has been a big disappointment.

Trev wasn’t directly referencing Frost in that comment. He was asked about other schools firing coaches mid season and used the 1-2 games comment regarding that. Please stop using it to cement that Trev is all in on Frost. He may be, but that comment isn’t a reason why. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Trev wasn’t directly referencing Frost in that comment. He was asked about other schools firing coaches mid season and used the 1-2 games comment regarding that. Please stop using it to cement that Trev is all in on Frost. He may be, but that comment isn’t a reason why

Actually, I'm not stating that to say that he is "all-in" on Scott.  I'm not the one being "unfair" in my words.  He is the one who is using "words" to say something and not say something ... which is all good.  Thus, if you are not going to give Husker Nation any thoughts until the end of the season ... that's great!  I will await to hear his words at the end of the season and his "evaluation".  

1 minute ago, BigRedN said:

Actually, I'm not stating that to say that he is "all-in" on Scott.  I'm not the one being "unfair" in my words.  He is the one who is using "words" to say something and not say something ... which is all good.  Thus, if you are not going to give Husker Nation any thoughts until the end of the season ... that's great!  I will await to hear his words at the end of the season and his "evaluation".  

I agree with that. Wait until the year is over. This “statement” talk is inaccurate, I hope. I don’t want to remove a coach during the season. I hope that isn’t the move.