Jump to content


Trev’s Big Decision - SSO Article Herbie's Hangout


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lo country said:

If Frost stays, you give him a contract extension to be able to bring in a competent staff and hire a home run OC.  If he gets the extension, say another 3 years I'd reach out to Chadwell or Napier.  no extension?  Tom Herman

 

With no extension it'd be hard to get anyone here.

 

Also, If Frost changes staff you automatically get another year with the "new staff, new scheme" excuse

AM leaves-You get the excuse of developing another QB

Lost a lot on defense...another year to "rebuild"

 

Keeping Frost in 2022 guarantees he stays until 2023.  Unless  he brings back entire staff. Then maybe he just gets 2022...

 

why would current winning head coaches take a demotion to be coordinators for a coach that calls the plays? Those guys are going to be getting offers to be head coaches.

Link to comment

1 hour ago, RichardHangslow said:

Honestly after today's performance I would be okay with keeping Scott but I really really really want Tom Herman to be the offensive coordinator. The TV announcers said that Scott said we couldn't recruit Texas anymore. Well, would help with that


It wouldn’t. The dynamics have changed. Either Texas kids want to play in the SEC to get paid or go to Clemson to get paid. Moving to the B1G really hurt our recruiting in that territory.

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

why would current winning head coaches take a demotion to be coordinators for a coach that calls the plays? Those guys are going to be getting offers to be head coaches.

In my world, if Frost was retained, he no longer calls plays.  Chadwell currently makes $850k/year, Napier $1mill.  Bigger program.  More resources.  Chance to build resume against P5 etc....Plus I can't stand the thought of another year of this sh!t show, discombobulated, no rhyme or reason "scheme" we currently run.  Our play calling is an abject failure.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, lo country said:

In my world, if Frost was retained, he no longer calls plays.  Chadwell currently makes $850k/year, Napier $1mill.  Bigger program.  More resources.  Chance to build resume against P5 etc....Plus I can't stand the thought of another year of this sh!t show, discombobulated, no rhyme or reason "scheme" we currently run.  Our play calling is an abject failure.

Just hire one of those guys to be the HC. All they would have to do is not lose 65% of the time and they would be gods to some of the fans.

Link to comment

Just now, LumberJackSker said:

Just hire one of those guys to be the HC. All they would have to do is not lose 65% of the time and they would be gods to some of the fans.

I'd take them as HC's for sure.  I have resigned myself to the fact the rumors of his return are true....I was trying to think that we'd have the opportunity to jettison the guys not keeping up their end of the bargain.  Read the entire O staff save Beckton.

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, lo country said:

In my world, if Frost was retained, he no longer calls plays.  Chadwell currently makes $850k/year, Napier $1mill.  Bigger program.  More resources.  Chance to build resume against P5 etc....Plus I can't stand the thought of another year of this sh!t show, discombobulated, no rhyme or reason "scheme" we currently run.  Our play calling is an abject failure.

Make a little bit more money but have a shot to lose 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, lo country said:

In my world, if Frost was retained, he no longer calls plays.  Chadwell currently makes $850k/year, Napier $1mill.  Bigger program.  More resources.  Chance to build resume against P5 etc....Plus I can't stand the thought of another year of this sh!t show, discombobulated, no rhyme or reason "scheme" we currently run.  Our play calling is an abject failure.

Make a little bit more money but have a shot to lose it all after 1 year. Way too risky for those guys. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, lo country said:

If Frost stays, you give him a contract extension to be able to bring in a competent staff and hire a home run OC.  If he gets the extension, say another 3 years I'd reach out to Chadwell or Napier.  no extension?  Tom Herman

 

With no extension it'd be hard to get anyone here.

 

Also, If Frost changes staff you automatically get another year with the "new staff, new scheme" excuse

AM leaves-You get the excuse of developing another QB

Lost a lot on defense...another year to "rebuild"

 

Keeping Frost in 2022 guarantees he stays until 2023.  Unless  he brings back entire staff. Then maybe he just gets 2022...

 


Gotta disagree with you on this. 4 straight LOSING seasons does not call for a contract extension. If it were me I’d fire him with cause due to the NCAA investigation and then there would be no buyout. It’ll take Frost twice as long as it did Frank to get over it which I think he never really did. This is a results driven business.

 

If he had a winning season in year 1 or 2,  I’d agree and be on board for making some changes with his assistants. He is not going to do that now. He doesn’t deserve a redo. He’s proven he’s a terrible coach who wasn’t ready to lead a major football program. He is way too loyal to assistants.

 

Maybe that’s because he wants stability but sometimes you’ve got to take a step back and think about what’s not working. He needs to get over his big ego and take a look in the mirror. He’s definitely coaching for his job if from what I’ve heard he may be on the chopping block already.

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment

2 minutes ago, Dansker said:


Gotta disagree with you on this. 4 straight LOSING seasons does not call for a contract extension. If it were me I’d fire him with cause due to the NCAA investigation and then there would be no buyout. It’ll take Frost twice as long as it did Frank to get over it which I think he never really did. This is a results driven business.

 

If he had a winning season in year 1 or 2,  I’d agree and be on board for making some changes with his assistants. He is not going to do that now. He doesn’t deserve a redo. He’s proven he’s a terrible coach who wasn’t ready to lead a major football program. He is way too loyal to assistants.

 

Maybe that’s because he wants stability but sometimes you’ve got to take a step back and think about what’s not working. He needs to get over his big ego and take a look in the mirror. He’s definitely coaching for his job if from what I’ve heard he may be on the chopping block already.

My point being, with giving Frost one year, I do not think a quality guy would leave to come here.  Huge risk of leaving a good thing to possibly be let go by 2023. The extension would attempt to insure we could actually get quality guys willing to come here.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think with either guy, we'd go 6-6 at a minimum....Kids would want to play for them.  Help recruiting. Napier was with Saban....

They’d be fantastic hires but their agents will tell them wait to get a 5 year deal as a HC. Don’t blow your shot on making things work over 1-2 years at Nebraska. Could end up costing them millions in the long run.

Link to comment
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

They’d be fantastic hires but their agents will tell them wait to get a 5 year deal as a HC. Don’t blow your shot on making things work over 1-2 years at Nebraska. Could end up costing them millions in the long run.

Can't disagree.  We are in uncharted waters.  IF Frost stays, it's because he is Frost.  No other reason.  No metric available says he will have success in year 5.  In fact just the contrary.  Only two coaches have had above .500 after 4 years of losing seasons.  Shiano and Cutcliff.....And neither of their success is remotely close to what NU desires....

2 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I guessing he'll be back too even if they go 3-9 (15-29). Probably with an extension and a raise.

 

Sure wish I could have performed my job at that level without fear of being dismissed and richly rewarded for it.

No doubt.  Be the worst guy in the staff meetings and paid like Bezo....

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
  • Create New...