*** Official Ohio State Game Day Thread *** presented by lo country

Just now, ladyhawke said:

Even if we would’ve pulled off the upset there would still be people complaining. Crap if you do and crap if you don’t. 
I vote we keep Scott one more year with huge changes in offensive staff, hire a special teams coach and for crying out loud-get a decent kicker! Go raid the soccer team! GBR!

As a humble chemical salesman from New Mexico and NOT a Scott Frost parachute account, I can't help but agree

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I agree. If Trev can't get a proven successful head coach that he wants then we keep Frost for 1 more year.

Entire defensive staff stays.

Offensive staff is shown the door except for maybe our TE's coach.

Offensive scheme needs a complete overhaul.

The same defensive staff that didn’t show up for half the games? 

4 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I think this is exactly right.  We played better than I expected. We need changes on the staff and I’d even like to see it in the bye week. I’d offer Tom Herman control of the offense. Run first and get some studs out of TX and OH.

No way would Herman accept an OC job. Heck, he might not even accept our HC job.

11 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

There was WAY plenty before that play where we shot ourselves in the foot. 

Teams shouldn’t depend on the zebras to get it right—they need to play to take the game out of the zebras’ hands when they get it wrong. 

No s#!t that there was plenty before that in which better play would have eliminated that aspect. My comment was specific to a play in which in which a penalty is called 9/10 times for every other team.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No way would Herman accept an OC job. Heck, he might not even accept our HC job.

I don't know.  He is like an analyst and special projects manager with the bears.  He sees our O sucks.  No expectations next year other than going bowling.  With an "easier" schedule next year.  He has nothing to lose...And if it's a one year gig, he will be fine.

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Stop blaming the refs. Plenty of calls went our way. Had to do more with poor special teams and choosing to kick on 4th down, deep in OSU territory.

The refs sucked on that specific play. That is all I am complaining about. I’m not a frost apologist. Take your qualms elsewhere

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

None of these close losses against Top 10 teams matter when you also lose to teams like Illinois, Purdue, & Minnesota.

That's the big thing right there, beat Illinois, Purdue and Minnesota and these close losses are seen as improvements and the trajectory of the program is clearly on the upward. But lose the same way to Illinois, Purdue and Minnesota over and over and we are stuck at 3 and 4 win seasons. Essentially making these close losses to bigger programs useless to be seen as any sort of positive.

• Plus1 2