*** Official Ohio State Game Day Thread *** presented by lo country

7 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Even if we would’ve pulled off the upset there would still be people complaining. Crap if you do and crap if you don’t. 
I vote we keep Scott one more year with huge changes in offensive staff, hire a special teams coach and for crying out loud-get a decent kicker! Go raid the soccer team! GBR!

The problem is Frost is the one who runs the offense.  If you don't get rid of him what's the point of changing out the offensive staff?

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

5 straight losing seasons.

Looking at his tenure at NU (4 years) he is truly statistically one of the least successful (worse) coaches in FBS history.....See ya.  no reason to think next year will be easier.  And those teams we should beat in the B1G?  All appear to be better than NU...

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What coordinators are going to want to risk coming to a school where the HC's seat is white-hot? 

This is what I always wonder as well. Somehow these people say we can't get a head coach to come here, or who could we get that's better?  I mean, 3 wins, who could get more than that?

These same people always think we can get anybody for an OC. Who worth their salt would come to this dumpster fire and work for a likely lame duck coach?

• Plus1 2
Just now, The Duke said:

If Trev keeps Frost how willing do you think Frost really will be in changing his scheme?

I honestly think he is too stubborn to make the right changes.

He won't.  He loves it.  He still thinks he is a play or two or "inch here, inch there" to being great.  I don't know how you bring him back.  truly no idea.

Just now, lo country said:

Looking at his tenure at NU (4 years) he is truly statistically one of the least successful (worse) coaches in FBS history.....See ya.  no reason to think next year will be easier.  And those teams we should beat in the B1G?  All appear to be better than NU...

I could see Martinez announcing he is leaving and won't be returning next year, therefore giving Frost another year since people will say maybe things will be different without Martinez. Then I could see come February, when it's far too late to fire Frost and find a new coach, Martinez announces he is actually returning and Frost allows it.