Ohio State: What Did We Learn?

I considered going with "Did We Learn Anything?" for the title, but I don't want to break the format.  Honestly, it doesn't feel like we did learn anything today.  This has been the Huskers' MO all season long against opponents with a pulse: the defense keeps us competitive but gets gassed and gives up just what the other team needs to beat us, the offense has a few big plays here and there but spends most of the game spinning its wheels, and special teams... yeah.  I don't need to say anything more about that.

I think I said something similar in another WDWL thread here: this team has heart, but heart ain't enough.

• Plus1 2

I learned that Frost is our head coach and we are 1-2 players away.  Wash ... repeat.  This game bodes well for keeping Frost [for those that want that].   It was a fun game ... and added more irritation to the yo-yo effect of emotions.  We are still on pace to equal our first two years in terms of win/loss.  Thus, I think Scott has probably secured himself with another two-year extension.  Ha ha.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

I learned that this team has more motivation than any 3-7 team I've ever seen. Proud they haven't checked out. 

My knowledge has been reinforced that:

1. Scott Frost is not the man for Nebraska. He proves time and time again that he can be outcoached regardless of which team has momentum and no matter how many mistakes an opposing side makes.

2. I will have to continue to explain to people why being "close enough" and "almost there" is a load of crap, especially when you drop games to Illinois, Minnesota, and Purdue. 

3. There is no such thing as moral victories.

4. Frost needs to go. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1