Ohio State: What Did We Learn?

Ohio State can beat us in spite of rashes of penalties against them.. some at inopportune times. 

AM is doing his best and it's not enough for this league. 

The D is keeping us in these big games.. but..

..we need the O.  Haven't got a big league offense. 

3 minutes ago, Huskerchief said:

I learned that this team has more motivation than any 3-7 team I've ever seen. Proud they haven't checked out. 

My knowledge has been reinforced that:

1. Scott Frost is not the man for Nebraska. He proves time and time again that he can be outcoached regardless of which team has momentum and no matter how many mistakes an opposing side makes.

2. I will have to continue to explain to people why being "close enough" and "almost there" is a load of crap, especially when you drop games to Illinois, Minnesota, and Purdue. 

3. There is no such thing as moral victories.

4. Frost needs to go. 

I'm almost certain Frost is going to be retained. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

It’s the same stuff.

Can’t make kicks, BIG refs suck, OL can’t hold up, AM can’t take us over the hump, defense flashes but can’t win the game, not enough pass rush when needed.

We played better than I expected. 

Trev has got to take control. If you are keeping Frost then we need to get new staff. Like now during the bye week. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. Frost must now decide. Bring in an offensive staff to take this thing over. Run, TE, dominant OL. Frost must let go that skill players are going to win here like they did at UCF. It’s completely different skill level and recruiting game. We need offense identity badly. Tom Herman is my first call. Runs the offense, gets back in the BIG, knows TX and OH.

If Frost is unwilling to change then you go out and look for the best replacement. I’d say many of the guys listed in the other threads. If one of your guys accepts then you make the change.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I learned that with this defense if the offense performed at only 50% of the level it was hyped to be when Frost took over we'd be playing for the Big 10 championship if not more.

Props to the Blackshirts.  We can't piss all over them in our post-game pouty pants party.

:throwdabones1:

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, Huskerchief said:

I learned that this team has more motivation than any 3-7 team I've ever seen. Proud they haven't checked out. 

2. I will have to continue to explain to people why being "close enough" and "almost there" is a load of crap, especially when you drop games to Illinois, Minnesota, and Purdue. 

3. There is no such thing as moral victories.

I was going to post virtually this, but will add, I've been around enough teams to know this playing down to the opponent issue that has plagued this team under Frost is a top down problem.  So, while I feel for Frost the former player, Frost the coach has nobody to blame but himself.  

People can talk about missed opportunities, but as played, this game still came down to 2 missed FG's, poor punts, & OSU drilling a 47 yd FG to cement the W.  That is the difference between where this team has been all year and where it needs to go.