Ohio State: What Did We Learn?

Just now, The Duke said:

The guy's been running around for his life for much of four years being exposed by inferior line performances and a scheme that exposes him. Personally, I admire the guy. And no doubt has he made some critical errors. Our issues just aren't simply Adrian Martinez though. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

My God, move on from him. If the guy is that hurt, bench him. It's time to try other QB's. 

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if next weeks injury update we hear Martinez can't walk on his ankle and can't talk yet he will still start.

Lol I wouldn't be surprised. 

1 minute ago, M.A. said:

The guy's been running around for his life for much of four years being exposed by inferior line performances and a scheme that exposes him. Personally, I admire the guy. And no doubt has he made some critical errors. Our issues just aren't simply Adrian Martinez though. 

Played as good or better than Stroud with half the line today.

3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

The disturbing thing about this is, I think Frost views that as some sort of acceptable excuse for the offensive woes. When in fact all it does is highlight his and Verduzco’s failure to recruit/retain/develope a viable backup for the most important position on team. Add in the same failures at O line, kicker, punter and with play calling and it’s not a glowing endorsement of the job he has done.

• Plus1 5

Fighting through an ankle sprain and a broken jaw to play is heroic and warrior mindset if you are a player like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Trevor Lawrence in college, where the team actually needs you and you play well and are a huge piece to the team winning. But when you're more accountable for most of the team losses and the majority of the fans are ready to move on from you, playing through those injuries comes across as an eye roller. He's not great when he's healthy, he certainly isn't good when he's hurt. 

Some people may really like that he played through those injuries and it shows his dedication and heart and determination for Nebraska football and sure, I applaud that too, but we are at a point where it isn't about feeling good, we need wins and need to start winning within this program and Adrian Martinez healthy isn't that guy and Adrian Martinez hurt is certainly not that guy. It's frustrating that our head coach would continue to stick with a guy that is clearly not 100% in health and further spotlights the concern that there has been absolutely zero quarterback development within the team. With that lack of development or at least lack of confidence in that development, how are we supposed to feel optimistic about the positions future?

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

The disturbing thing about this is, I think Frost views that as some sort of acceptable excuse for the offensive woes. When in fact all it does is highlight his and Verduzco’s failure to recruit/retain/develope a viable backup for the most important position on team. Add in the same failures at O line, kicker, punter and with play calling and it’s not a glowing endorsement of the job he has done.

Very convenient Frost comes clean on these right now, when a losing season is guaranteed.  What is the point of hiding that? So he doesn't get hit? We still have 2 weeks left Scott.

Where are all the "no way he'd play with a broken jaw!" folks at?

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

Fighting through an ankle sprain and a broken jaw to play is heroic and warrior mindset if you are a player like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Trevor Lawrence in college, where the team actually needs you and you play well and are a huge piece to the team winning. But when you're more accountable for most of the team losses and the majority of the fans are ready to move on from you, playing through those injuries comes across as an eye roller. He's not great when he's healthy, her certainly isn't good when he's hurt. 

Some people may really like that he played through those injuries and it shows his dedication and heart and determination for Nebraska football and sure, I applaud that too, but we are at a point where it isn't about feeling good, we need wins and need to start winning within this program and Adrian Martinez healthy isn't that guy and Adrian Martinez hurt is certainly not that guy. It's frustrating that our head coach would continue to stick with a guy that is clearly not 100% in health and further spotlights the concern that there has been absolutely zero quarterback development within the team. With that lack of development or at least lack of confidence in that development, how are we supposed to feel optimistic about the positions future?

So Martinez has surgery and ends his season.

And we roll with Smothers.

At that point, you're happy? I feel like the anger would just shift to Smothers for losses, and people would start demanding we play Haarberg.

• Plus1 4