Assistant Coaches

Otterpop

I keep reading what Scott Frost needs to do about hiring Asst. Coaches does anybody realize that every coach on Alabama staff makes more money then our OC. The only coach thats on our staff that makes more money then anyone on Alabama staff is our DC but he makes $700k less then their DC . The fact of the matter is this until Nebraska pays big time money for Asst. too this is what we have .  The choice is up to the boosters it cost money to be a big time program. 

19 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

He hired who could with the salaries Nebraska is paying do you think a top flight OC is coming to Nebraska for $500k when RB coach at Alabama is making $575k and OC is making a million. 

This is just not true. Scott could’ve hired big names especially after the hot season and optimism around him. He chose not to. We would’ve opened up the check books. We are building a brand new facility because Duval/Frost said it was not good enough. Bama coaches are also the best at their positions. In the sport. We could get somewhat close if we wanted. 

• Plus1 7
5 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

He hired who could with the salaries Nebraska is paying do you think a top flight OC is coming to Nebraska for $500k when RB coach at Alabama is making $575k and OC is making a million. 

No I don't think a top flight OC is coming to NU for that amount of money. I also know the guy that calls plays at NU is paid 5 million dollars per year. All Lubick does is sit in the booth and give Frost his viewpoint on what to call and Frost does what he pleases. I also know that if Frost said hey I want so and so and it will cost 1.2 mil then we would have cut the check. 

• Plus1 6

Veruzco is stealing and should be indicted.  Same with Austin and Held.  No idea what Lubick does.  Receivers do not look improved and no idea who calls plays.  If Frost stays, open up the check book. Spend the 20 million we save not firing him and hire the best we can.  Pay them enough to risk leaving whatever gig they currently have.  The offense is a sh!t show.  Purdue about to go up 20 on MSU.  

As a public service disclaimer, can we finally put to bed that there are no teams in the B1G we should beat moving forward.  We have proven to be better than none of them.  Maybe this is the first step.  I grew up watching the Huskers in the early 80's.  Probably feel entitled getting to watch some of the greatest NU football.  Figured if you were not "royalty" we should beat you.  Now I realize the gap between us and other teams is getting a little wider.  And it is not from us pulling away. We are no closer at losing by 7 than by 37.  Losing is losing.  It just doesn't look as bad.

2 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

My point is Frost doesn’t have open check book and if you want to be a top program you have to pay Asst. to get them or keep them. 

How many Assistants has Frost lost because he hasn't paid them? I promise you that if Frost went to our AD any of the last 4 years and said he wanted Mark Helfrich as his OC and it would cost 1.5 mil to do it that Mark would of been given the check. We pay our current assistants over market value. We literally paid them double what they were making at UCF. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Otterpop said:

Please explain why our top Asst. Is the 58 top paid Asst. He doesn’t have an open check book . Look at facts Nebraska has always underpaid the Asst. 

52B0460E-A12A-4302-8434-479D6B18B548.png

2D793C50-B783-400F-A639-DCBB2CE9D537.png

Because that is what our current assistants are worth? We would literally pay any of those guys with those resumes just as much as they currently make. Chinander when we hired him had 2 years if non P5 years of DC experience. Compare that to Brent V at Clemson. Do you thinking paying Chins 2 mil makes him a more experienced DC? 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Otterpop said:

Please explain why our top Asst. Is the 58 top paid Asst. He doesn’t have an open check book . Look at facts Nebraska has always underpaid the Asst. 

52B0460E-A12A-4302-8434-479D6B18B548.png

2D793C50-B783-400F-A639-DCBB2CE9D537.png

Because Frost chose to bring his yuppies with him! 

This isn’t hard to comprehend.

The coaches he brought don’t deserve to get paid more than they do.

Frost had a chance to bring in proven assistants that would’ve been paid more. 

He chose the easy and lazy way and brought his whole staff with him. 

• Thanks 1

Yes Frost brought his guys but explain why Riley and Pelini Asst coaches were underpaid too. It’s either they don’t want to pay for top Asst.  Or Top Asst don’t want to come here. The fact over the years we haven’t had top paid coordinator when was the last big name coordinator to be at Nebraska .