Assistant Coaches

Otterpop

6 minutes ago, EngineeringHusker said:

I doubt any OC worth a million bucks would come here. Why would you? Frost is the proverbial offensive guru, you'd be working for him. How would that work out? Also, there's a decent chance you wouldn't be here for longer than a year.

Why would they the fact Nebraska football has been irrelevant for 20 yrs. with very little in state talent proves this was a total rebuild and that takes longer than 3 yrs. I know people will say 4 but let’s be real the covid year made it very difficult we lost players before they ever played a game. That’s not something Frost controlled it’s reality the reason kids come to Nebraska for football is the fans and community but that was all taken away so they left. I’m not a total Frost guy but we are better then when he got here this team is an Oline away from being really good the fact we start 2 freshman tackles 1 sophmore guard Rs soph Center and Jr guard we should be a lot better there next year. 

Just throwing this out here to 

Illinois 3 redshirt Sr. 1 redshirt Jr

Michigan 3 grad Sr 1 Rs Jr

michigan St. 3 Grad Sr. 1 redshirt Sr. 1rd jr

Minnesota 4 RS senior 1 Sr

Purdue 2 gr Transfer 1 rs Jr. 
Oklahoma 3 rs Sr. 1 RS Jr

Nebraska 1 RS Jr 1 RS So 1 So 2 freshmen.

The fact we’re in games with by far the youngest OLine in the Conference and battling shows there’s progress we just need to mature and get better fundamentally.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4
10 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Can you find me one metric that suggests this?

The fact the avg margin of defeat in 2017 was 21 with one of those losses by 4 to Northern Illinois and the avg margin now is 6 against away tougher schedule. So there is improvement should we won against Illinois yes and maybe Purdue or Minnesota. But we have improved. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

The fact the avg margin of defeat in 2017 was 21 with one of those losses by 4 to Northern Illinois and the avg margin now is 6 against away tougher schedule. So there is improvement should we won against Illinois yes and maybe Purdue or Minnesota. But we have improved. 

Should've won at least two out of three of those. We need to be scoring around 35 points. Those games should have been won by one score or more. The scheme needs to be adjusted so that it transitions better to the red zone, ETC. 

9 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

It most certainly looks better than it did in the last year under Riley. I would say we hit our year 1 goal in year 4. I'd argue the bar in year 4 shouldn't be "does it look better than it did under Riley", we should be well on our way to the tangible progress portion of judging a coach - Wins against Top 25 teams, Division Titles, B1G titles, Bowl Games, Player Awards, NFL Draft Picks...Comparisons to Riley should be 2 years in the rearview mirror. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

The fact we’re in games with by far the youngest OLine in the Conference and battling shows there’s progress we just need to mature and get better fundamentally.

So Frost failed to address his OL for 4 years sweet. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I would say we hit our year 1 goal in year 4

This is accurate. 

And to reflect that, this will henceforth be referred to as Scott Frost's Year One. Previous years will be referred to as Before Year One, like AD/BC. Julius Caesar was assassinated in 44 BC. The Covid year will be 1 BYO, 2019 will be 2 BYO, 2018 will be 3 BYO. 

None of those years will count against HCSF's record. They will be pre

I think we've figured this out, guys. Good job!

• Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, knapplc said:

This is accurate. 

And to reflect that, this will henceforth be referred to as Scott Frost's Year One. Previous years will be referred to as Before Year One, like AD/BC. Julius Caesar was assassinated in 44 BC. The Covid year will be 1 BYO, 2019 will be 2 BYO, 2018 will be 3 BYO. 

None of those years will count against HCSF's record. They will be pre

I think we've figured this out, guys. Good job!

What was it like in 44 BC? 

47 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

Good research. The offensive line is by far the biggest issue on offense. We have gotten older across the board on the Oline due to the covid year- but so have the defensive lines. Our young Oline as a result didn't benefit from other teams graduations like they would have in a typical year. 

I don't have time or else I'd do it, but if you do, could you look up the ages of the DLines we went up against?