The Definitive Thread.

Bottom line, they bring him back or they don't.

If he comes back, he either keeps his staff or he doesn't.

My loyalty is to the team and not the staff.  I have preferred some over others, but the Huskers are my team.  

My biggest complaint with the whole thing is another year without a bowl.  Only 2 more times to watch my Huskers this year.  And that sucks.

• Plus1 4

Another year without a bowl. Meanwhile, a sh*t Wisconsin team clinched their 20th bowl game today. Illinois and Purdue kicked a$$...yet, we are here trying not to criticize, while being critical and (at least I am) being miserable. Out team can't win when it counts. Moral victories, close games, well, they might be more fun to watch and keep our interest, but the outcome is the same. It's been the same for two decades.  I am frustrated. we need to win these close games once in a while. I cannot imagine a recruit wanting to come here. I just can't. 

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, El Straino said:

On the brightside, we are just about moral-victory-bowl eligible. This year's Moral Victory Bowl is ten fishbowls deep at Duffys on new years btw. 

But if we are offered the Duke's Mayo Bowl for our moral victory total, would our players vote to go to a frat holiday party instead?

• Oh Yeah! 1
42 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I figured if I wrote the definitive post-Ohio State thread, we could take a week off HuskerBoard and spend more time with our friends, family, spouses, and mistresses.

1) Nebraska continued its 2021 trend of playing Top Ten opponents down to the last minute. This is an improvement over the team's Big Game meltdowns in the last dozen years, including previous Frost, Riley, and Pellini teams. Does that mitigate the disappointment in this 3-7 season and Frost's previous seasons as we consider his future with Nebraska?

I dunno. That's a tough one.

2) The Nebraska defense played a smart and ballsy game against the Big 10's best offense. Another huge improvement.  Is that a sign of things to come under Chinander, or a reminder that the unit loses a ton of experience to graduation next year? 

Hard to say.

3) The Nebraska offense pitted our biggest weakness -- the offensive line -- against Ohio State's greatest strength, it's defensive line, perhaps the best in the country. Both teams had trouble getting into rhythm, but Nebraska made the better half-time adjustments, and kept itself in the game. Adrian Martinez did pretty well, all things considered. You could make the case that if Adrian returns for a fifth year, Nebraska would have the most dangerous QB in the Big 10. Or you could make the case that Nebraska desperately needs to move on to its next QB and perhaps a retooled offensive system.

But don't make the case here. This is the Definitive Thread. 

4) You could write a post about how special teams is a joke and Nebraska has to make it a priority next year, but I just did it for you. 

5) The game didn't turn on a missed field goal, bad punt, blown penalty, or poor playcall. It turned on a whole bunch of stuff that can't be separated. Hard to imagine things working out better in a rematch. 

6) Is there anything that could happen over the next two games that will change your mind about keeping Frost?

I guess I'd have to see those games, and they haven't been played yet. 

7) It was a perfect November day and a packed Memorial Stadium was rocking as Nebraska played a thrilling game that almost no one predicted. The sell-out streak is over when its over. But if this Nebraska team has lost your interest and affection, go with God.

But even God thinks you're being kind of a pu&&y about it. 

See you next Sunday!

Actually laid everything out and summed it up pretty well. All of our losses not just OSU have been the exact same story.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This is the Definitive Thread. 

Let's add a Definitive Question...

What may we definitively conclude about the recent Husker history of woe?

Joe Orduna... Jeff Kinney... Roger Craig... Tom Rathman... Mike Rozier... I. M. Hipp...  Johnny Rodgers... Think of the guys who USED TO line up behind the Husker quarterback.

Who knew the day would come that we’d have to wonder if there’ll ever be another one like them?

In the Golden Age of Husker football, there was always that one really great back. Sure, the aerial game is all the rage now. But...

How can the Huskers ever succeed without that one great Husker back?

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Bottom line, they bring him back or they don't.

If he comes back, he either keeps his staff or he doesn't.

My loyalty is to the team and not the staff.  I have preferred some over others, but the Huskers are my team.  

My biggest complaint with the whole thing is another year without a bowl.  Only 2 more times to watch my Huskers this year.  And that sucks.

I agree. Some seem to have a loyalty to Frost over this program. They are so emotionally invested in wanting him to succeed they are willing to overlook 4 losing seasons. Its mind boggling but likely a sign that some have settled for mediocrity.   If the admin settles for mediocrity too, Nebraska will never be elite again.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree. Some seem to have a loyalty to Frost over this program. They are so emotionally invested in wanting him to succeed they are willing to overlook 4 losing seasons. Its mind boggling but likely a sign that some have settled for mediocrity.   If the admin settles for mediocrity too, Nebraska will never be elite again.

Thats not it

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Another year without a bowl. Meanwhile, a sh*t Wisconsin team clinched their 20th bowl game today. Illinois and Purdue kicked a$$...yet, we are here trying not to criticize, while being critical and (at least I am) being miserable. Out team can't win when it counts. Moral victories, close games, well, they might be more fun to watch and keep our interest, but the outcome is the same. It's been the same for two decades.  I am frustrated. we need to win these close games once in a while. I cannot imagine a recruit wanting to come here. I just can't. 

Well, we did flip Stanger not too long ago and just had a 3-star commit. So we have that going for us. Which is nice.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If we bring him back, it tells me one thing: none of the guys on Trev's short list were interested.

It's interesting you think they actually considered letting him go and actually reached out to people to guage interest.  I'm pretty convinced the entire leadership group is just sitting there with their fingers crossed.

• Plus1 1